Help! Babies are browning. Diagnosis please

i never watered to runoff. i only gave it maybe 5-8 squirts three times a day… when the soil looks dryish

1 Like

You’re squirting too much then. Let the soil dry out before you water again.

1 Like

ok… and when should I start adding nutes?

I wouldn’t add any nutes until the plant looks better. Once the soil has dried and the plant stops wilting, you can think about adding nutes.

3 Likes

so i was asking in general… 1 week its ok to add nutes or 2 weeks or 3 ??? hahahahahah

At that point in growth, humidity is almost all they need. Let it dry out. When she recovers and the soil dries, put a dome over her.

ok… until she touches the top? or almost of the dome?

At least a week.

I use FF nutes, and asked them via e-mail. they recommend starting nutes when the second set of true leaves opens. But that would be if there are no issues. I’d hold off until they recover.

ok, there are 4 sets i think

Also, I wouldn’t dome right now. It is still too wet. The soil closest to the stem won’t dry.

gotcha… ok… thank you EVERYONE !!! this forum is the BEST !!!

1 Like

@jt123 don’t do nutes till she bounces back from your Drowning session wait for next set of leafs. So right now it looks like you have your first set of true leafs comeing in so when they say 2-4 sets of leaves they mean true leafs not feeders like you have there. Feeders are smooth and true leafs are a different texture like a little bumpy that’s how I ck for true leafs

1 Like

I thought those yellow ones were true leaves too?

1 Like

Nope they are feeders u see the dif in the yellow and the ones comeing in now

1 Like

Ahhh… so those other green ones are feeders as well?

1 Like

Your soil should have enough nutrients for her right noe. Being that small its easy to nute burn. When you start nutes start half dosage. F farms like all companies want to sell you more.

2 Likes

Happy cake day @BigDaddyCain

1 Like

Happy Anny @BigDaddyCain :v:

1 Like

is it possible that those were just the baby leaves and turning yellow and dying off because i let it dry for 1 day because after that the soil was BONE dry and the cow pot ( made from cow dung) was and has been dry on the outside and was very lightweight to lift…i covered them yesterday morning and it is 82 degrees with 71% RH. there is new growth and its all green…

1 Like