Help? Are these leaves turning yellow? First time grower

Why are the leaves on this plant turning this color? I think it is getting plenty of water.

Have you been monitoring ph?

I have not. Do I check the soil or the run off water? I have 7 plants in the same soil and location only this one has the leaves changing colors. Also the stalk is much darker than the others.

1 Like

Check your runoff. Looks like you’re starting to lockout which would suggest a pH issue :sunglasses:

2 Likes

They can’t absorb nutrients from the soil when the PH is incorrect. The target range for soil is 6.2-6.8. 6.5 being the sweet spot.
This is what’s causing the reddish-purple stems. Phosphorus deficiency.
All pheno’s will react differently to this and at a different rate. If left unchecked, all your plants will look like this eventually.
You need a good PH pen. Not the strips or the ones with the water meter, as all these are unreliable. Once this is aquired, you can test your runoff.

2 Likes

And also check the ph going in after you add nutes if you’re using any? But yes looks honestly like it’s starting to develop a nitro problem along with ph maybe more?

Chlorine maybe in the water. I’m pretty sure I didn’t use good water one watering and almost chlorined them to death.