Help any advice?

Need any advice I’m using a 2x4 x6 tent infinity fan.I have 3 plants there about a foot tall was wonder when I should send into flower?should I trim any water leaves to help bud sites?I’m super new ANY ADVICE ID REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

I’m using 2 spider farmer 1000’s super excited to hear from you guys!!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the group I am a new grower also only on my second grow so I’m going to get a few members to assist you better than I could. You can tag members to your post like I’m doing right now just put an @ in fromt of there name good luck I will be watching to see how the turn out. @Mark0427 @pptrsha1 @LoCoRock

2 Likes

I try to do it by measurement.

A What is the distance from the floor to the bottom of the lights at the highest point you can raise the?
B What is the recommended distance of the plant away from the light?
C How far is the top of your soil from the floor of the tent?

A-B-C = the available grow height.

Divide the available grow height by 2 and that is how tall the plant should be when you flip (assuming plant doubles in height).

Example 60-18-12=30, flip at 15”.

I am no mathmagician and forgot to subtract the height from floor to top of soil so the girls are pretty friendly with the lights right now.

5 Likes

@Copes, First of all welcome to the community and to the forum. Well I’ve been growing for years, many. I’m just set in my ways, I’ve been doing this a long time and the plants will tell you when they’re ready to flower. Females they start developing pistils in my experience from 4-10 weeks. Yes I can veg my girls to 9/10 weeks. I would just keep doing what you’re doing run in your timer 18:6 veg them girls until they show signs of flowering. If you feel you’re running out of space with them, Transplant them in bigger pots, 5 gallon or 10 gallon, do some LST training, low stress, for more new growth. Then defoliate, or trim them up, and wait til they show signs of flowering, the flip your timer to 12:12 my experience 5+weeks to flower. Hope this helps you with your grow, good luck and happy growing.

3 Likes

hi welcome. your plants look great. since i have made a gazillion mistakes i can say what i did wrong if you need that kind of help. :grinning:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community ! You’re off to a good start.

4 Likes

I need help guys. This is the second time this has happened. Can you please tell me what in the world I did wrong?? This is Rainbroyo in its 5 week. I just flipped it to flower a week ago and this happened. Same thing happened to my berry freak in it’s 7 week. My rh: 60-65
Temp: 80-86 (still fighting it)
Fox farm soils and fertilizers.
Fabric pots in a 4X4 tent with SP4000 Processing: 6B966CAA-4993-426B-B084-B487D86E1C85.jpeg…

1 Like

Weird looking and I’ve never seen balls sprouting all over like that, regardless looks like a mutant male. I would get that plant out of the tent before it pollinates the others.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I got that seed from a friend and I think I need to get it out. But I have ilgm seeds and they are all female. Supposedly they won’t germinate, but I’m not taking any chances. I just got a order of chronic widow from ilgm and they were ALL MALES. Maybe that’s what happened. They were in the same tent :man_facepalming:t5:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Copes. Your plants look great, nice and healthy. I’m kind of like @OldSkool. You can veg for many weeks, it’s up to you and your tent size. I grow in a small closet and 6-7 weeks is the sweet spot… most of the time. I would do some LST (tieing some of the side branches down) keep feeding and watering like you have been. The flip from 18/6 to 12/12 is your call when you like what you see and how they are filling out. Heads up on the flip and stretch. When you flip to 12/12 they’ll double in height :love_you_gesture:. Defoliate at day 21 of the flip, bottom 1/3 of the plant. That area will never see light and you’ll want air circulation through there continue your LST training and defoliate again when needed. Let her rest and recover for a while when you LST, defoliate, prune etc…

1 Like

Yep, trash it. Unless you’re going for breeding. The ILGM seeds are the best quality I’ve grown. You mentioned ILGM seeds wont germinate, did you mean they are feminized seeds or autos? Feminized are guaranteed females, not 100% sure if that can be pollinated?? Tagging my mentor @AfgVet for help on that one. :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Males or they hermied? Once upon a time it was recommended to start here, I still recommend it.

5 Likes

I will trash that strain!!! Check these out. These were my ilgm chronic widow. Idk what happened. I planted 3 of the 10, and this happened.

That’s a female that was pollinated. Whether it hermied and pollinated itself I can’t tell, didn’t look at the pictures for more than a second

Males do not grow buds with calyx. They don’t grow calyx. Seeds grow in calyx. If there is a seed. It was female at one point.

Tell us. Feminized or auto? If they were feminized then it’s safe to say you made more feminized seed. And need to check for light leaks

Oh and my bad. I was commenting purely on the Pic directly above. Not the 100% male further above. Your friends seeds weren’t feminized, so your chances of male where 50%.

If planting non feminized seeds look for one’s with a flattish side with a dimple. These are seeds developed close to the stalk and generally have more time to develop/mature, which increases chance of being female. This method is actually pretty solid.

3 Likes

You might have some other issues than genetics and strains going on. There’s a support ticket you can fill out and the ILGM mentors will respond with help. Without knowing you complete set up, it’s difficult to diagnose. No worries, there’s some amazing growers on here with a wealth of knowledge and only want to see you succeed :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Looks to be a male plant lots of pollen sacs. If you don’t bag and removed and it may be too late you are going to have seeds in your other plant. Good luck moving forward

3 Likes

Feminized plants

Man I just went and check and this is what I found. Phucc!! I think you all were right. Don’t know if high heat will make them change to males??? Definitely snatching ALL plants out TODAY! Dam! Look at this.

Top pic is La confidential + Afghan kush from Beaver seeds and it plus berry freak all turned!!! :wastebasket:

1 Like

Get that plant out unless u want seeds that a boy plant and will sedds all the females in there lol. Itll be alot of good viable seeds if grown out the rest of the way. Sux to get this far and see that. O just had planted 2 fem seeds and month and a half later i had to pull because they were males. Yuk.

2 Likes

Try soaking the seeds in 3% peroxide by itself for w0 to 30 minutes then put in water for the 24 hrs. Peroxide has an extra oxygen atom in it. It will knock out any kind of nastys and keep for a sterile start also the peroxide softens the husk or shell to be easier to crack. This supposed to work super well on old seeds too. Heat is also a plus to germ seeds. Put on paper towel on a plate and put plate on a heating pad or seedling mat or something warm

1 Like