Help and comments

This is my first plant I have grown I don’t know much about growing I just thought about it. I have concerns on why the soil smells strong, like a hair dye or ammonia. I would really appreciate feedback and some help. A smaller nug is getting brownish around it.

1 Like

Welcome I don’t know why your soil would smell like hair dye. Just a couple things might help on your next go-round I was noticing in the picture looks like you have it planted in a clear plastic container which is a No-No for sun exposure to roots. Lot of good organic Soil available now. Good luck and happy growing

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s pockets of bacterial in the soil from the organics breaking down. The clear container allowing light in doesn’t help the process either. Soil should smell earthy.

2 Likes

get a grow bag, healthier for roots. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wrap something around the container that it’s in like card board or maybe duct tape to keep the light out . Keep an eye on those nugs . That brownish nug could be bud rot .

1 Like

Would it be best to just cut it?

If you could get a close up picture of the brown bud that would help . If it is bud rot it will spread to others . Does it look something like this ? signs-bud-rot-marijuana

i already cut it :frowning: it wasn’t a big loss though.

1 Like