Help again.. seems i'm doing my best to kill them

hello again and thank God it’s not 2020. 2 days ago i watered with 32oz ph adjusted to 6.4ph after adding 5ml CaMg and 1/2 dose of ff big 3 ferts- top 3 green ones. added about 3/4 gal of 6.1ph,515ec fltered water today to get runoff. the runoff from very yellow plant in rear of tent was 3.0 ec incl water ec (doh…i kinda had to be didnt it?) and ph was at 7.4. any help would be greatly appreciated. into 36th day from germinating seed.

v1.5.21
• What strain, ilgm, auto, fem white widow
• Method: Soil- pot for a pot system
• Vessels: cloth 5 gal pot for a pot system
• PH of Water, ph 7.4 at runoff, filtered tap water= 516 ec and 6.1 ph corrected
• PPM/TDS or EC 3000 on most yellow plant
• Indoor or Outdoor- indoor marshydro 2.3x2.3x5.0 kit
• Light system- mars hydro 1000w in kit 24 hour a day
• Temps; Day, Night- 75 to 82., avg 77.1 for last week
• Humidity; Day, Night- avg 50.6 for last week
• Ventilation system; Yes, Size 4” came with marshydro, 6” fan in tent
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,- humidifier in tent
• Co2; No

thank you in advance. cocomm4- guilty of attempted homicide…please dont allow me to be a 1st degree murderer

1 Like

Tag an experienced grower or a moderator or both.@Covertgrower or @ Kellydans for instance.

1 Like

@kellydans

1 Like

EC is too high, as is pH. I would correct pH first with a flush. A flush will likely run your EC down as well.

3 Likes

will do, thanks a lot- i would say i’m green (noob), but yellow seems more thec ase…lol, cocomm4

2 Likes

@MidwestGuy has got you covered.Everything is a learning curve at first.Lots of good folks here to help.

2 Likes

thanks, i was afraid that’s what would be required…lol. thank you for the fix… so 15 gal flush with PHed water, then nutes at 1/4 strength before back to tent? cocomm4

1 Like

Add sledge hammer?

1 Like

When my first grow started looking just like this I did a flush, as suggested, and recalibrated my pH meter so I was hitting the mark pH wise. High pH can cause nute lock, which might explain the yellowing as well. The plant bounced right back. I’m a novice grower myself. Tell you what though, this is the place to get answers to your growing problems for sure. It’s all about the grow and fellowship on here.

3 Likes

Personally, I would do a flush with ph water. Should get you back on track.

1 Like

you guys are the bomb… thoughts on when to add ferts? thanks so much, cocomm4

2 Likes

I have never used the pot for pot soil , from what I understand it should have everything in the soil that the plant needs. But with flush you will be washing out nutrients. I would follow up but checking runoff PPM and feed accordingly. Just my thoughts good luck

3 Likes

excellent reminder… never crossed my mind, what precious bit thats left of it. next grow i’ll use ffof system. flushing takes forever. but f**k wont have any more pd down til thursday, how about citric acid or white vinegar? thanks, cocomm4

1 Like

only got 1 of 3… two to go

I have been using vinegar for ph down and baking soda for ph up for years. Has never let me down. Also if you are in a pot for pot that is organic and a flush probably would not do real good except to wash away all the good stuff in the soil. I grow organically and use soil acidifier to drop my ph down in my pots. Just had a girl at 7.8 and added 1tbsp /15ml per gallon of medium of it to the top soil and watered in. Fixed its self in a few days.

happens every grow one plant gets out of wack

3 Likes

Have thee same stuff for my blueberries
:v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

ha, i did one with citric acid (left over from failed co2 experiment and was made in columbia ;)… mixed in master gallon jug to 2.7ec, then 1/3 cup into scant gallon of filtered water. brought it down from 7.4 to mid 6’s.i think i’ll not do a flush with last girl to see what happens. i just got wore out making 30 gallons, thanks to everyone for all the help and advice. this place is awesome. cocomm4

hi all, quick update. day 54…watering day, dirt dry, leaves starting to curl along center of leaf stem. last water (5 days ago with 1/4 tsp jack’s blossom booster)

woohoo snow day in austin last week… you can see 2 weeks growth from black cord hanging from left… yellow tips mean i am at the edge of over fertilizing, i hope… cutting the dead ends of the leaves off is brilliant!! lessons learned: quit fooling with them constantly… 3- 5 gallon pots are too much for a 2x2 tent…found my old “sensor push” to monitor temps, rh and vpd, temp73.3, rh 59.4 and vpd.95 over the last week,bought RO filter- dropper ec from 525 to 41 on tap water, still have to adjust ph to < 6.5, removed humidifier. my eyeballs hurt from reading posts, speaking of which i swear that @garrigan62 mentioned peters 20-20-20 just cant find the post, used that stuff 40 years ago on house plants, worked great, must be jack’s now… oh did i mention- quit fooling with them constantly… finally. i hate flushing, takes forever

https://www.amazon.com/SensorPush-Wireless-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Android/dp/B01AEQ9X9I/ref=asc_df_B01AEQ9X9I/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=194026055947&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15521460962544011084&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028234&hvtargid=pla-375433369637&psc=1

1 Like

that first pic threw me. thought you were growing outside in the snow. :wink:
i hear you about flushing. cant wait till i have a bathroom near my grow tent so i can setup an autoflush system.

you bet. i did 2 with 15 gallons ea and1 with 2 gallons sledge hammer and 1 gallon ph’ed water… seems like they worked equally as well as each other. cocomm