Help a bigginer out šŸ˜… GG

The kit came with all the fans and lights or you had to buy that too ?

Iā€™ll get the exact measurements when I get home but thatā€™s pretty close

2 Likes

Purp will hold you down. Dont settle for the tent use that whole closet space and save money buying the right things. Read his journal when ever you can and you will see why you should take his advice

3 Likes

Soak seeds in water 48-72 hrs until open see tap root, I use teaser place in those little pots tap root down. Soil was mostly peat moss, vermiculite, perlite and some regular potting soil. Spray inside plastic bags with water place in top out under light. Took 1 day to sprout break soil.

2 Likes

Hey listen to @SilvaBack203 he looks like he knows what his talking about, all I know is I jumped in and had no clue what I was getting into, and now spending more money to get where I want to be. So donā€™t rush and be sure what u want good luck

3 Likes

Ppm/TDS/EC - are all essentially the same thing. Parts per million, Total Dissolved Solids, Electric Conducivity? Something like that. All three are diff kinds of readings of the amount of solids in your medium/solution. 1 tsp of etc, 1 tsp of another etc might read 400 ppms. Sounds like a nice light seedling level feed. Doubling the amount would double the ppms. U can cheap out on this meter. The $10 lasts 3 years minimum lol.
Pro Tip: PPMs come in doff readings for diff parts of the world, EC is a stable across the board reading so works more generally

PH is the root of all evil!!! Learn it. Live it. HATE IT!! Im not sure of the scientific words for what it is. But its essentially the level of acidity/alkalinity of a solution. Weed is soil likes 6.3-6.8. Depending on the stage. Weed in hydro like 5.5-5.8. Weed in soilless from 5.6-6.4 depending on the medium. Determining your medium dictates the range you want to use. If u get out of said range, the availability of nutrients to your plants rootzone dwindles. IE: Hungry Plants. This is a meter you do not want to skimp on. The Apera 20 is as always my rec. $45 spent very well. If u can afford the one that does tds as well GET IT!
Pro Tip: Alot of growers have been getting into the ā€˜living medium thingā€™ and feed their soil in lieu of feeding their plants. Microbial life is the key here and it minimizes the impact of pH but does not eliminate it

This is a straight fact! @Hellraiser is the man! Guy gives great info. Get on his journal and learn. Mine are more chatter and what u can get away with haha.

Thats plenty of space! Im in about a 36 x 120 closet. I only use about 4 ft of the 10 fr horizontally this grow. Have used double that tho.

Same way I start them all. 24 hours in warm water soaking. 24 more hours in DAMP paper towel rooting. Right into a damply wet solo cup full of soil. Transplant up as needed.

5 Likes

Not at all. Im a beginner myself, just been reading alot as research materials and this community will always guide you in the right direction

4 Likes

@SilvaBack203 u are right in that, this site is awesome and everyone helps everybody, best of luck

2 Likes

You too. If you have a journal tag me along friend and i will watch

3 Likes

Yea Iā€™m not gonna plant the first seed until I Think I know what Iā€™m doing lol

1 Like

So @Tallah you got 70 inches thatā€™s a lot of space. How much Heigh u got ? U will need a good light if u want to try to fill 6x6 thatā€™s big $

2 Likes

Lights? HLG is the standard around here. Cant go wrong (except ur walletā€™s POV). I built my own back when it was cheaperā€¦ but still doable.

Lighting that entire space is gonna run you a pretty penny tho

Haha @Kingkupa great minds eh?

3 Likes

The height is about as big as any regular apartment in Cali lol .

1 Like

Any way you can recommend some lights to me ?

1 Like

Itā€™s all depends on much space and how many plants, like @PurpNGold74 said HLG from what I have read is the standard all depends on your budget. Take a look at this web site has a lot of info and has 3 party independent reviews

3 Likes

Gidday Tallah. Look like your door open inward??? Put tent in canā€™t open door. Been there. Good luck mate. Apera or blue lab. Ph and ppm/ec meters. HLG light. They are awesome. Goodluck again.

2 Likes

I did my first grow in a closet. I did not set myself up for success ahead of time and found this forum after I bought five clones on a whim! I am glad you are here and asking questions before you drop a seed. Bravo!

The community is amazing and will help you as much as they can. The growers that have responded are outstanding and many of them have given me solid advice.

3 Likes

Also a GREAT choice.

1 Like

Things I learned from/needed for my first grow in a closet. This is what worked for me but depending on the growing style you adopt there may be other items you need.

Containers: I went with three gallon cloth bags

pH meter: Apera 20

TDS meter: cheapie off Amazon

Pest control: mosquito bits and yellow stickie traps. Also get some rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. If you donā€™t need them for pest control they WILL come in handy later.

1-gallon pump sprayer for watering. This avoids the channeling from the slug a jug approach.

Save milk or juice jugs for water. I used tap and let it aerate for 24 hours then added nutes and pH adjusted. I suggest one gallon per plant ready as needed.

Something to raise and lower feed water pH. Amazon has pH up and pH down. I use a pinch of citric acid to lower pH (bakery aisle about 4$ and lasts a lifetime). To raise pH I use baking soda.

If using cloth bags, safety pins and yarn to tie down branches on the plant if you LST. But there are other examples on the forum.

Some good trimming scissors. Iā€™d recommend stainless steel instead of aluminum that rusts.

A notebook to keep a log! Or keep this thread as your journal.

A timer for your lights.

Decide on what type of medium you will use, soil, coco, hydro and ask for suggestions and read through grow logs.

Decide on a nutrient line and ask for suggestions.

I grow organic in living soil now.

I believe you have received information about starting seeds, ventilation and lighting.

If I think of anything else Iā€™ll follow up with another post.

Hoppy grows to you :rabbit2: Jane!

4 Likes

My door opens out . I hear lights are very important so I want to make sure I get the right ones first . Letā€™s say Iā€™m starting off with about 4-5 plants & Iā€™m using the whole closet space . Any recommendations?

2 Likes