Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

@Hellraiser thats is some amazing wall to wall coverage and the height too :muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

3 Likes

Depends on how low they were on the plant, if those lowest branches were originating from the bottom 1/3 of the plant then I would have removed them, on upper half or upper 2/3 of the plant, I would have left them.

6 Likes

@Hellraiser how many days in all since planted??

1 Like

I have pistils that have turned brown already…we’re pretty much in line with our flowering times, so is this a bad thing? Some are super close to light, some are at the recommended distance. Even the outside plants have a few brown pistils. Can it be genetics too? Or just light intensity?

3 Likes

93 days since planting the seeds (01/30/21), probably 4-5 more weeks to go, thinking these will be 9-10 week flowering plants as still have 99% white pistils.

5 Likes

Not a bad thing, probably just their time to do so (genetics) as your plants look further along in flowering development than mine at this point. The Banana Kush were slow to start flowering and seems in no hurry at this point, fine by me, keep growing those buds larger!

7 Likes

Very nice. Can’t wait to see her finish.

2 Likes

Hell when you ran outa room did you turn your wattage down?

3 Likes

Question, is this plant male?

3 Likes

Not yet, It is not showing anything yet, too young.

9 Likes

Not that I turn wattage down, I just don’t turn it up. Stayed with about 600 watts for this flowering session - 100 watts per QB288 - kind of like the HLG Scorpion that is meant to be about 12 inches above the canopy at 100 watts per led board.

At the beginning of flowering I like to start with about 800 ppfd at the canopy, then as the plants go thru the flowering stretch, they’ll grow into the 1000+ ppfd area and beyond. The tallest tops are in the 1400-1500 ppfd zone at this point, which I’m fine with. It’s a bit over-kill but over-kill is my nature.

13 Likes

No pre-flowers yet, too early to tell.

2 Likes

Hellraiser - I read through and followed your Gorilla Glue journal. Can you wager a guess as to why these plants are so stunted looking?

They are 3.5 months old and simply aren’t growing. On the left is a GSC that is 17 inches tall and on the right is a Gorilla Glue that is 18 inches tall. The seeds are from MSNL, so the genetics should be good.

They were transplanted into 7 gallon bags, from 3 gallon pots, two weeks ago. They have always been in Happy Frog, supplemented with perlite. They are fed at 650ppm, at 6.5ph, with Advanced Nutrients each watering.

I have three Mars Hydro TS1000. No, it’s not HLG, but they should be adequate at a combined 450 watts.

3 Likes

@StockJock are they Autos or Photos? just curious

They are Photos.

I was thinking that perhaps I was pushing them too hard with my lights. I raised them up to 26 inches and turned down the intensity to 75%. I’m planning on running the grow like for at least a week to see if get an increase in veg growth.

2 Likes

Do you have any close up photos of the node spacing?

1 Like

They look healthy but yes they are kinda small for 3.5 months. Sounds like plenty of light and nutes. Are you giving enough water/nutes to get run off? Plants can stall a bit after transplanting so just keep them on the right path and they should start taking off.

3 Likes

Yes sir, I get runoff and don’t let them sit in the run off.

I figure I’ll give them a month in the new pot before flipping to 12/12.

Here’s some pics of the node spacing.

5 Likes

I figure I’ll get some stretch when I flip the light cycle.

And yes, that’s the HLG UVA light that you recommended.

5 Likes

Your node spacing looks nice to me… not overly tight like if the lights ware too much.

2 Likes