Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

The Banana Kush at 15 days above ground, looking like they are ready for a transplant.

22 Likes

I’m watching if ya don’t care. Need all the knowledge I can get on this strain

3 Likes

Getting some great growth especially the one in front and right! Looks like you don’t have to veg as long with jacks&coco to get your desired height before flipping, awesome!

2 Likes

Did the transplants last night.

Prepping the intermediate pot, put some coco on the bottom of the 1 gal pot, place a cup and fill around it with coco, remove cup making a perfect size hole, sprinkle some myco in hole, and place the plant.

The plants had great roots holding the coco together to make for a trouble-free transplant.

15 Likes

The Banana Kush plants today at day 16, looking fine after the transplant in their new 1 gal pots.

17 Likes

Are those fabric pots your using able to be opened? It almost looks like the sides could be opened to make transplanting from those pots to bigger ones easier.

6 Likes

Cool little pots

6 Likes

@Hellraiser sweet pots how do you like them

4 Likes

I like the way the look more open for air. Seems like they may be more durable and perhaps reusable. Looking nice.

2 Likes

Those are Radicle bags, not really fabric, more of a mesh material and has a velcro opening for easily removing the plant, will see how easy they are to remove when time for next transplant.

10 Likes

My first time using them but really like them so far. I like that they won’t grow mold on them like fabric pots do, specially when kept constantly moist with the coco. I also have some similar Rain Science 5 gal mesh bags that will be their next transplant, want to see which mesh bags ones I like better.

8 Likes

Yes, very open compared to fabric bags. They do seem very durable, feels like metal wire mesh covered with plastic and should be highly reusable, just hose off and ready for next use.

5 Likes

The openings on then is what caught my eye. If they can unzip and just go to a bigger size pot, nice.

1 Like

If I may ask. How far will you push the bspec?
The leaves are humongous. Very nice.

2 Likes

I’m running 80 watts per bspec at this time so 160 watts from the 2 135 bspecs + 30 watts from the UVA with lights about 30 inches above the plants which is giving me about 450 umols at the plant tops, will increase the watts on the bspecs a little as the plants get bigger but won’t go past 110 watts per bspec, which pushes about 600 umols at plant tops, don’t need any more that that in veg.

7 Likes

Thank you. When do you turn up the light?

1 Like

Where oh where would I be able to find seeds with these kinds of genetics?

2 Likes

Also, I’m realizing i didn’t link what I was talking about. The cherry ice cream plants you had posted in flower with those beautiful red and pink leaves. I was curious if you know of a seed bank with similar genetics. Mahalo!

3 Likes

Chiming in on the hermi talk; I had a friend just grow 6 ILGM Cali Dreams that all turned hermi on him, he is inexperienced so I don’t think he caught it early enough to stop the spread, so I’m hoping it was just one bad pheno that pollinated the lot… as I’m growing 4 of the same beans & have vegged them for over 3 months now…

2 Likes

I’ll turn up the watts after I top them (coming up soon) and they start growing out side branches, so in another week or so, will increase each bpsec by 10 watts, then go up another 10 watts each week until at the 110 watts per bspec.

2 Likes