Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

Damn I rarely ever use pH up always down here unless I mix jacks itself then I’m at like a 4.2 to 4.6 jacks and to only. Anything else sets me good or over to use down

2 Likes

If you follow impellos advice on lumina, due to it having no actual pH Buffers, allegedly you dont have to readjust, especially if you have a well established rhizo and being mostly amino acids makes sense that it dives the pH acidic (only slightly in my base tap water). I’ve been adding it 15ml/gal (no ph adjustments), second to last prior to watering, last being a few ml of tribus, I see no evidence of ph lockout, burn etc, only plants that grew and aggravatingly stretched way past my preference.

2 Likes

Havnt adjusted after I add since first batch I mixed. pH up and down kills off some of the wanted things in the nutes. Recharge
Tribus
Lumina
No need to pH after so mix main nutes and additives that need PhD then pH the mix then add the others. Might jump the pH but nothing bad for the plants as they will adjust to that. Hell I’ve watered my coco plants with water that sat 2 days with a water mover no pH adjust just watered and didn’t seem to affect the plant 1 bit. pH in res was at 6.4 when I watered also. I’m almost wanting to throw a seed in a pot and water it with just tap water and nutes mixed and not PhD at all at anytime to see what happens with the pla t. So far in coco I feel like it might be beneficial to have the numbers right but I’m starting to think that the damn plant will grow no matter what it seems. If I do this test which I might because my wife can handle that plant issue free then. If I do I’ll tag ppl in the experiment. I e just eaters a plant with several pH numbers never the same and the plant still grew fine I think

2 Likes

See, you really are everywhere. Love it. Guess i am too. Select everywhere, as time allows.

2 Likes

A list of good CBD strains for pains and other issues

2 Likes

I’m getting prepared for this eventual overflow with autopots and plan on using one of these;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CCMUCM?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Theses pumps are used to remove air conditioning condensate and will pump the water out of the tent.I would need to drill a few holes near the bottom to allow the water to get to the water level float.A real small sump pump would work too.

@CygnusX1 ,are you using Recharge with your autopots,if so how do you
feed it?

I haven’t myself but I’ve seen others simply top feed with recharge on a schedule.

1 Like

Thanks CygnusX1

1 Like

You might want to check the specs on that pump before you drill. The ones I’ve worked with only take the water level in the little tank to about 1”. In a 4x4 tent that’s about 10 gallons. Pump won’t kick on until it’s above 2”.

Critical mass i see.

1 Like

That’s correct,it will allow the level to get high in the tents overflow pan.I just installed this today and was able to modify it some so it would pick up sooner,but now I would not recommend this pump.
Thanks for the comment.

Thanks I will have to time it so they come on when I leave for work, for 2 hours, then they can be shut off and I would be able to go In and work. Thanks for the response. We appreciate everything you do for us.

1 Like

NC last state to go legal. If ever sounds like. Potting up from solos this pm. Plan is to water this am, and hope coco is in a good state to move this pm ? Thinking of using the banana peel method, while sitting on top of the new pot that has hole ready to receive. Hole made with an empty solo as I finish filling new pot. Any suggestions before then, Im all ears.

1 Like

Do u guys clean ur rez buckets weekly?? If so do like I did if u don’t top feed. Top feed is just after u water sprinkle it around the base of stem. I always did my hydro plants when I cleaned the res out. I’d mix the recharge in 5 gallon bucket and while I cleaned the rez the plant roots sat in a bucket of recharge for 2 to 4 hrs with an airstone. Once res was cleaned and filled I rinsed roots off good and put plant back in the res it might not get a whole lot of recharge this way but it did massive differences in looks when it got the recharge bath for sure either way works after I was finished I’d water the plants with recharge water or I’d dump the bucket of recharge water on the outside garden if u top feed do it after u soak plant then sprinkle it on the wetness will pull it in itself no needs to water again after this way next water will activate the rest and get it flowing on the medium. Good luck.

1 Like

I clean it “roughly” once per week / when it seems like it needs it. I’ve gone about 1.5 weeks on a few occasions with Jack’s when the PH was still in line (typically when the plants are drinking more and I add some between full “changes”).

I only had to clean the trays themselves once mid-grow. May not be necessary using Jack’s from the start. This is something I’ll be keeping an eye on in my grow.

With the AN, I absolutely had to clean weekly. It left much more residue even with the wavemaker running 24/7 than Jack’s does.

With the Autopots, I haven’t done it myself but I’ve seen people top feed with Recharge. While the coco in autopots never completely dries out, there is a very wet bottom where the pot is sitting in the tray clearly, but there is a gradient from soaked to slightly dry at the very top and there is still opportunity to push more in from above without flooding the tray.

3 Likes

I though that with autopots, the salt builds up near the surface which is why top feeding is a recommended no-no. Forgot where I read that though.

1 Like

Hadn’t seen that, but that’s an interesting one to research.

I was really concerned about salt build-up and inability to flush the plants when I was looking into the Autopots. Turned out to be a non-issue but I really didn’t find a reason as to why that is.

1 Like

@Hellraiser alright I’ve noticed that my roots were getting pretty long on my blue dream clones so I transferred them to the bottom chamber

When I was moving them to the bottom I noticed that there was a little bit of brown on the roots( my air stones in the super cloner moved around when I was out of town just recently ) I’m guessing not enough oxygen to the roots. I just recently sprayed hydrogen peroxide mix with 5.5 ph and looked about an hour later and they were creamy, maybe I need a water chiller also? Any suggestions ?

1 Like

I’ve read about hydroguard

1 Like