Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

Good to know if needed. Thanks.

1 Like

You can also use copper mesh, like the kind you pack a reflux column with, or they sell for slugs in flower gardens, termites on fnd walls. It electrocutes the roots, like your inner arm on a VHF/UHF antennae. Or Permatex Copper head gasket spray on fabric

3 Likes

YES!

Thatā€™s exactly how the ā€œpot socksā€ that come with the Autopot Spring pot set-up work. They are a nylon type fabric lined with copper.

2 Likes

How often do you use trivia, and when?

I use Tribus a couple times a week, from sprout to a couple weeks before harvest. Not the only microbes I use these days, also use Fishsh!t a couple times a week, and Recharge (also has microbes) weekly. I like a wide range of microbes.

9 Likes

Thank You! Never grown indoors, and need all the help I can get. Using Jacks 321 ffof growing fire og, og Kush. Seems like growing has come along ways since I used to grow outside! Thank you for the reply!!

1 Like

@Hellraiser I know u use the original. Have u tried tribus bloom during flower to see if any differences between orig and bloom Iā€™m working on a bottle of bloom to try out if u happen to use our or did use it let me know it thoughts before I purchase it. Thanks

2 Likes

No, Iā€™ve only used the original Tribus so far but will pick up a bottle of the Tribus Bloom and start using that in flowering, has a couple different microbes that are probably more geared towards phosphorus uptake which should be a good thing in flowering.

9 Likes

I had a question about how to use the California light works uvb light? Iā€™m in week 3 of flower and know itā€™s only to be used in the last few weeks of flowering and that i should stay out of the riom when on. Iā€™m still trying make sure there are no hermies in the mix, so when would you recommend turning on the UVB light? Thanks for your time.

Depends on strain flowering time. Iā€™m presently growing a 9 week flowering strain so will be using UVB for weeks 7,8, and 9. Will do 2 hours of UVB a day somewhere in the middle of the light cycle at a time Iā€™m usually not home to open the tent.

From the user manual on when to use it

SUGGESTED TIMING

The SS-UVB is designed to be used during the last 2-3 weeks before harvest, when
it can make a noticeable impact on plants. It is suggested to run your SS-UVB for
2-6 hours per day at 36" above the plant. If youā€™re unable to mount the light at 36"
above your plants, decrease the amount of exposure time. Do not power your
SS-UVB on during your dark period as this can cause unwanted effects. Always
monitor your plants to make sure you are getting the desired response, while
making any necessary adjustments in height and/or on time to increase or
decrease UVB exposure as desired. Growers typically see a noticeable difference
in the amount of trichomes within the first two days after running the SS-UVB for
just a few hours per day. Many growers also notice leaves changing color in
response to UVB exposure.

7 Likes

Whats the difference between bloom and lumina? I have the lumina from black friday, but have yet to research. Better answer here, than my research. Lol.

I bought the 3 pack variety of Tribus direct from Impelloā€¦when I sent them an email about feeding instructions, they basically said all three were similar, only a subtle difference between them. Iā€™m using them on my current grow. Iā€™m in flower in one tent and still in veg in the other, so Iā€™m using Original + Flower in one tent and Original + Bloom in the other. The plants are growing, but hard to tell if theyā€™re really benefitting since both tents are new/never before grown strains. Between these two duos along with FishSh!t and Recharge, Iā€™m a microbe dosing MF!

5 Likes

I believe youā€™re typically referred to as patient zero in the medical journals.

3 Likes

Lumina is amino acids mostly, probably a byproduct or waste product from their Tribus products that they figured they could sell to us suckers rather than throwing out. LOL Amino acids are good but Iā€™m not sold on the product and hate what it does to the pH (drops it big time).

Bloom is another version of Tribus which has a couple other microbe added and a bit more concentrated like 14 billion cfuā€™s vs the 10 billion cfuā€™s in the Tribus Original.

7 Likes

Thats a good thing. Microbes.

2 Likes

Well, i guess it was a cheap bottle of tribus o if nothing else. Most of us have the lumina after black friday i guess. So no one raving about its use i take it. Havenā€™t heard anything about it.

2 Likes

I almost tried it today but if I have to use alot of ph up II wonā€™t

1 Like

Glad i asked. My research may have said, its the bestest. I go with info here first of course.

1 Like

Yeah having to use more than 100 drops of ph up to bring it back from 4.3 to 5.8 (for four gallons of Jacks) is a bit of a turnoff for me.

6 Likes

I get that using Power Si (for silica) drops the ph big time.

3 Likes