Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

We have them here in Illinois, I still haven’t been in one. Thanks to ilgm and the fine folks here ,lol

2 Likes

I use a 3 in 1 to measure when I need to water too. It works pretty well for that.

3 Likes

i used a little 3 ml syringe to water a circle around mine in solo cups

2 Likes

@Tenga, I don’t really bother checking my soil pH, never have any reason to as I ph every drop of water that I put into the pot and never have any ph or deficiency issues to chase down.

But if I was curious about it, I’d do a runoff test - water a little extra so you get plenty of runoff and use a digital ph meter to see what the ph level is, if all normal, it should be a little lower than the ph of the water you just gave it. Also can do a slurry test, dig out a little soil a few inches down and mix with ph’d water and test the ph of that with the digital ph meter.

7 Likes

@Hellraiser oh i meant water ph. Sorry i wasnt specific.

1 Like

@Tenga, No problem, just get one of these, and get some ph up, ph down, and ph calibration solution to occasionally test and calibrate the ph meter.

https://www.amazon.com/Accuracy-Measurement-Household-Drinking-Aquarium/dp/B0865NKDRF/ref=sr_1_8?crid=1DY1TRN9LDST3&dchild=1&keywords=ph+meter&qid=1588346999&s=lawn-garden&sprefix=ph+meter%2Caps%2C191&sr=1-8

2 Likes

Hey Hellraiser! Great posts. Super informative! Would distilled water work well to calibrate my digital PH meter?

2 Likes

@Kilgoretrout did you order a new digital one? If so, it should come with packets to calibrate it. You will need distilled water for the packets…these are what is needed to calibrate it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PG1RFLK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

4 Likes

Thank you Hellraiser for the link!! Made it so easy to order. And tx for ur link too, Zee. There is so much to learn and figure out, but its so worth it! And much appreciation to u guys for taking the noobs under ur wing. Hopefully someday (when I grow up) I can also help new growers. Pay it forward, right?

6 Likes

I like to keep a bottle of this around, I just dip my my ph meter in it once a week or so to make sure it is on point. Makes it too easy.

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Calibration-Solution-Gardening/dp/B0052YE2I0/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3M6KGBCUXKSLD&dchild=1&keywords=calibration+solution&qid=1588438690&s=industrial&sprefix=calibrati%2Cindustrial%2C197&sr=1-4

9 Likes

Quick peek into the flowering tent, getting near end of week 3 of flowering 34RH 77F

18 Likes

Got a new light for the flowering tent, a HLG 550 v2 Rspec. Had my eye on one for a while, finally pulled the trigger.

32 Likes

Yes I did get a new one in the mail yesterday. Just got around to calibrating a few minutes ago using the packets that came with the equipment.

Here’s what I have and a copy of the calibration instructions for anyone who’s interested. I will go into further detail in my journal later today.

6 Likes

@Hellraiser how many plants are in the picture of your flowering tent?

Also, I’m going to tag you in my grow journal if you don’t t mind. I could use some good advice.

4 Likes

Hey @NeoGroR, 3 clones in the flowering tent, I usually do 4 but gave one away to a friend to grow out.

Tag me away, no problem.

3 Likes

I have apera pH 20 I do 7.0 calibration should I do a 2 point calibration with the other solution they gave me or is 7.0 good enough?

3 Likes

How you liking that volcano?

4 Likes

Holy crap that’s awesome! How big are your tents again I’m buying another for vegging

3 Likes

I just do the 7, good enough for me, we’re just growing weeds, not cloning people :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Both the veg and flower tents are 3x3x6.

6 Likes