Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

I did bring it down some more. Should I clean some of the leaves in the underneath of the plants

@Hellraiser can I ask what that grassy hay smell is from on one of my buds I picked to sample? I hung it in 70 degree room at 50% humidity for / days untill stem was snappy then sealed it and was way to wet at almost 80%, left lid off for the night now it’s sealed up again, I’ll check again shortly, it seems like it’s not as overpowering today and scent of the bud is starting to overpower the hay smell but it’s still faint. I remember this came up in early talks in guerriila grow of your journal but can’t find it🤔

1 Like

That’s the chlorophyll starting to break down. That smell will go away during the curing process. :+1:

5 Likes

Yep, what he said.

3 Likes

Just spread the branches out as they go thru the flowering stretch, look at what’s going on under the net and get rid of some of the lower bud sites and small thin branches that won’t get much light.

1 Like

So does the net look ok over the plants? So when you say take some lower stems underneath how much do I want to take off?

Many of us remove bud sites on the lower third of the plant before flowering, as those will not get enough light to develop into much of anything worth trimming. Net is fine until flowering stretch happens, then just spread out the taller tops to try to fill up the screen some.

4 Likes

Ok so you threw out another learning experience for removing leaves. So I went and tried to get rid of some of it but it’s very full. So this time ok. If you could show me an illustration of removing the bottom

1 Like

Hellraiser do you use molasses

I’ll take some pics of the bottoms of my plants when I get home tonight so you can get an idea of how I do it these days.

I don’t use straight up molasses (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I do use products that have molasses in them like Recharge and Bud Candy, otherwise I would use molasses (the black strap unsulphured kind).

5 Likes

I have my girls under a net right now I cannot lift the pot to check the weight. Any other method to see when watering is needed? In a3 gallon plastic pot and like you’ve said the top couple inches are dry doesn’t mean the bottom is

1 Like

Ok nvm Iv kept reading and Iv found that the 3-1 meter could work so I’ll try that. Thanks for your hardwork

Yeah the only thing that really works good in 3 in1 meters is the moisture meter but you can get a better quality stand alone moisture meter.

I have this one that I never use but it is very good

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DM4LS1D

2 Likes

Ok I am using black strap. When do you use it?

I would use it every watering, like 1 table spoon per gal, since I add a lot of microbes and the molasses feeds them. If not adding microbes (Tribus, Fishsh!t, Voodoo Juice) then you could give it less often like once a week in veg and then every watering in flowering.

6 Likes

I was able to lift mine just enough to feel weight. Really just a tug on pot and you could tell.

6 Likes

I was gonna say basically the same. Take 2 fingers and pinch the pot and try to lift if it has weight it’s wet of it moves super easy it has moisture lol. U will get to the point where u just know by looks of soil or plant that it needs a drink or not.

4 Likes

Heck, you can take one hand and tip one side, and tell.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m getting these girls ready for flowering next week, so I have removed all bud sites on the lower third of the plants and thinned them out some by removing the smaller thin branches (sucker branches) that start down there as well.

Otherwise it’s like a jungle in the interior of the plant, lots of thin branches that have worked themselves up into the center of the plants making for over-crowded conditions and a bunch of bud sites that won’t get good light, making for a bunch of smaller larfy buds that I don’t want.

19 Likes

Are those 3 gallon pots?

2 Likes