Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

One more picture of the original Cherry Ice Cream girl, mostly full plant shot, she was big.

46 Likes

I see what you mean Im growing 4 different strains and the canopy was all over the place using crates and mix and match and moving plants around, but the good this I get to sample the variety of flower😎

4 Likes

Variety is great, I like smoking Sour Diesel in the mornings or afternoon, then move on to a nice Blueberry or Bubba Kush later in the day, then some Cherry late at night (cuz you ain’t doing nothing after smoking cherry but holding the chair down). I’m still smoking from harvests from early last year. I grow enough that I always have variety on hand. Nothing like 9 month cure Blueberry, actually tastes more like blueberries after that long cure.

22 Likes

That heavy hitters pack sounds really good, I’ve got some glue coming down soon

1 Like

I’ve smoked plenty of glue and liked it, first time growing it. I smoked Blueberry Dream and liked it as well, tastes great. The MK Ultra, I feel like I’ve already grown as I’ve grown tons of G-13 and OG Kush.

Speaking of Kush, time to load up a bowl of some Platinum Bubba Kush from a previous harvest.

30 Likes

Awesome info and magnificent grows. I’m tune in. Need to pick your brain as much as possible!!!

5 Likes

@Mega420, Welcome aboard. Feel free to ask any questions that come up.

3 Likes

Got the dream mix pack my last grow, blue dream and Skywalker excellent strains

1 Like

I’ve grown Skywalker, love it, and have grown lots of blueberry & crosses of it, great weed.

Warning - If you use my seed starting method and try to suggest it to others, be ready to face resistance.

I’ve had some growers flat out tell me that my seed starting method doesn’t work, that it will only lead to over watered, soggy rotting plants, which if they even lived would be stunted and slow growing. And they actually believe that, very aggressively even.

Look at my results and decide if you want to try my method. Can you fail using my method? Hell yes, plenty of room for failure, over watering being the most likely point of failure. Or totally ignoring it the day it needs to be watered could lead to a dead, dried up plant. But you can fail using any method, usually by over watering.

Not sure where that’s coming from. I have not been active on marijuana forums for over a decade. But back then, my method was “the method”, commonly used by most growers at the time.

I used to be very active on probably the most popular marijuana forum back in the day, we were a tight community, we shared seeds and clones between members and newbies for free to get them started and mentored them through entire grows, until it got infiltrated by the FBI and DEA and a lot of people went to jail. I managed to slink off into the shadows and avoid any legal issues. I have not been on a marijuana forum since then but thought I’d peek into this forum after ordering seeds from here and thought I’d hang out and see if I could help some people grow some weed, though there is no shortage of great people here willing to help like dbrn32 the light master and the tireless mentor Myfriendis410 and many other great growers too many to name, more than willing to help.

But beware, talk up my method and you will find some resistance.

Wait til I cover cloning, I break all the rules.

29 Likes

I know that tune, lol! There’s only a few things I love more than weed, and Rush is definitely one of them!

3 Likes

Yep, love Rush, RIP Neil Peart.

10 Likes

Let’s do an experiment

Remember that smaller tri-leaf sprout? Rather than just tossing it, I thought we could use it to observe what over watering does to plants. I’m going to water this plant every day and we can watch what happens to it and see exactly what over watering looks like.

Day 1, 3 oz of water given, soil was still a bit moist so I normally would not have watered it, still fine at this point.

13 Likes

This will be cool and educational! Great idea

5 Likes

Small update

Sprouts and clones growing, getting thirsty, drinking that 4 oz every day now and very little to no runoff, the roots are sucking it up as soon as I water. They are starting to get that “transplant me now” look. First transplant will be coming up quick. A little dry will water after pic.

I like to wait on the first transplant til this point, where watering everyday is needed, that tells me there are going to be a good amount of roots to hold the rootball and soil together when I pull it out of the cup. Along with the transplant will be their first feeding of nutes. Coming soon.

Let’s look at the over watering experiment, day 2, looks fine so far, gave her more water she didn’t need today, soil was still moist, which is a never do. Never water moist soil!

And a quick peek into the flowering tent, nearing end of week 2 of flowering, buds forming.

17 Likes

Transplant Day

Ok, time to transplant. Getting together everything I need for the transplant:

Fox Farms Happy Frog
Perlite
Myco
3 gallon pots

I mix in extra perlite with the happy frog, a 8/10 quart bag of perlite per 2 cu ft of happy frog.

Fill up the 3 gallon pot about 2/3 high, stick the old container (solo cup) in and test for height of plant, add or remove soil as needed to get desired plant height. This is a good time to bury some stem if you had some stretchers.

Then fill in with soil around the cup

Pull out the plant and cup and now you have a perfect shape and size hole for your plant. Cover the bottom of the hole and sides with myco.

26 Likes

Now it’s time to remove the plant from the cup.

This is where you’ll make the transplant an easy thing for the plant or a very traumatic event for the plant. I pull on the top sides of the cup a little in different places to loosen the cup from the sides of the soil and roots. Then I hold the cup kinda sideways with one hand and grasp the stem with my thumb and forefinger of my other hand near the soil and gently pull it out the cup, if you feel roots ripping when you do this, that’s not good. If the cup of soil breaks apart, not good.

If all goes well, you should be seeing this

Then place into the hole and top off as needed with more soil

Done, now we’ll need to give them a good watering and some nutes.

36 Likes

@Hellraiser I really like what you are doing here. Essentially doing tutorials for beginners. I’m a little more than a beginner, I guess what you would call intermediate. Just wanted to say thanks for being patient enough to make the time to help others. :+1:

50 Likes

You are very welcome @Bulldognuts, appreciate it!

6 Likes

Watering and feeding

Now that the hard part is over, time for some water and nutes.

Before watering, pick up that pot a few times, get a feel for the weight, or rather lack of weight, this is how it should feel when you want to water it next time.

The plants are about 3 weeks old and ready for some nutes. I use Advanced Nutrients and start at half dose from their nutrient calculator.

I know that I will use 1/2 gallon per pot of water. So I pour 2 gallons of RO water into a 5 gallon bucket and add my nutrients, 2 mls of grow part a, then mix, then add 2 mls grow part b, mix, add 2mls of B52 (b vitamin supplement), mix, add 2 mls of Voodoo Juice (root growth stimulator) then mix really well.

Are we ready to water the plants now? Nope, gotta adjust the pH.

Get a digital pH meter, you’re going to need it, also some pH up and pH down. A TDS meter would also be good to have.

Advanced Nutrients markets their products as “pH perfect’”, yes ph perfect for hydro and possibly coco (5.6-5.8) but soil likes a ph 6.5. So I use General Hydroponics pH up (and pH down on hand as well) to adjust the water/nute mix to 6.5. It took about 2 mls of ph up to change the ph from 5.8 to 6.5.

So, whatever fertilizer you are using, start low - 1/2 or 1/4 doses are safe, Full doses may or may not be safe, so start low and work up.

Now water/nute mix is ph’d, it is ready to give to the plants. I give them 1/2 gallon each, let excess drain for about 5 minutes, move to dry tray under the light so it can get back to growing.

3 ILGM Gorilla Glues and 1 Cherry Ice Cream transplanted, watered and fed. The overwatering experiment still in solo cup, still looking fine at 3 days of overwatering.

18 Likes