Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

I defol a bit after I put them on the screen even before flowering, get the large leaves off that are obviously shading other branch tops. Then if the tent is tightly packed with my usual 4 plants, I’ll defol weekly as needed, usually 3 or 4 times. When the tent is not packed so tight, like my blue dream grow, I won’t need as much defoliation, so did a bit when placed on the screen, then did a good amount in week 3 and I’m not planning on any more major defoliation but I’m sure I’ll still pluck a leaf now and then that is blocking light to bud sites.

8 Likes

@Hellraiser maybe a cheaper option Amazon.com

3 Likes

Just got my girls in flower tent and started 12/12 would you trim everything under Lower net now or later? All Apex and my clones just went in veg tent thanks hell!

9 Likes

Very nice stash of Cuban cigars. The Cohibas are a favorite of mine. I got the bug a few years ago and made a humidor of red oak lined with Spanish cedar. Monte # 2 and Vegas Robaina Únicos are very good. My brother picked up a 2007 H Uppman “exclusive for travel retail” humidor while traveling through Europe after our mom passed. He got it in Spain. It’s just 6 Robustos but it was one of the finest cigars I’ve smoked.

The first one I thought was contaminated because it tasted like leather… newbie then as now here on ILGM!!! Of course the flavor changed as I smoked it. Long white ash and a very smooth draw. It was hard to smoke even a Cohiba after those were gone. I was lucky to find another online a few years ago.

Perhaps after this first harvest in over 30 years I’ll light one up and as a friend told me when I got started “you never do anything else when smoking a good cigar”

I will also think of this fine group and say thanks for all the help as I smoke it down to the nub.

It feels like I’m cheating on this first grow I swear…
TY all

7 Likes

Yes, nice alternative, it is quite a bit smaller than my 8 liter cvaults though. 165 oz = 4.87 liters.

2 Likes

Looks good. Yes, I would just trim them off now, no reason to waste plant resources on parts you’ll cut off later, the sooner the better so those resources can be used on the parts you want to grow.

2 Likes

No doubt, except maybe enjoy a nice drink with it, single malt scotch, top shelf tequila, a great cognac, etc…

I was hoping the US would finally stop with the cuban embargo crap but still going strong so I have to feel like a criminal when ordering cuban cigars from oversees and hoping they make it here, kind of like ordering marijuana seeds from Europe or Canada.

Plants look great!

8 Likes

@Hellraiser here I go with all the questions… :joy: so as you know I’m growing Sour Diesel…anyways all hairs are brown trichs look on verge of cloudy. When did you pull it? Also was the buds kinda firm? The bud on mine looks WEIRD. Again I have very poor lighting. Thoughts?

1 Like

I pull my sour diesel when trichs are mostly cloudy as I use it for my morning/day smoke so not looking for any couch lock from it, sounds like you are close to that, and yes sour diesel always looks a little weird and has a tendency to foxtail a bit.

1 Like

I have a few of those zippered travel humidors, still intact. Love the look…I’m a sucker for that stuff. Nothing better than a good CC when they’re ‘on’…but when they aren’t, they suck. They are so hit or miss the last 15 years or so…I only buy on recommendations from my sources who have smoked them already.

As for cheating on your grow…LOL…F that! Celebrate their growth on a daily basis!!

2 Likes

Yeah…always waiting for the customs “disapproval letter” after ordering…lol. I did manage to go to Cuba right before they were talking about closing it back up to tourists. Was definitely fun to visit Cuba…everyone was nice, but we were on a tour so didn’t see much of the interior. Really felt like we went back in time with the old cars and buildings…really is like you see on TV. The construction boom there is crazy right at the port…tons of hotels being built with the hopes of a permanent opening for US travel there.

3 Likes

I do bubblehash! I do rosin pressing! And I blast lol well I needed more strains at one time lol. Now I’ve got about 12 going. Ok ypur dry it out flat u can also squeeze alot of the water out of it. If its fresh u should cure ur bubblehash

3 Likes

Amen to the beverage of choice AND a fine cigar.
I give all the credit for my grow to everyone on this forum.

I have 2 DoSiDo I dropped August 2 in that tent based upon your mention on another thread. They are unbelievably fecund as they say; almost caught up to the others (3 gold leaf 1 GDP 1 Purple Kush and 1 pure indica popped June 17th) I also dropped 2 GG autos with the DoSiDo and got one ready to harvest any day, one dud. (I won’t need Tupperware for this first harvest that’s for sure)

image image

Biggest lessons learned are:
Drop less seeds
take out the lower branches
gentle patient training with foam wire
defoliating.

3 Likes

The ol film canister harvest. Betcha everyone in here got a story about their little train that could plant. It’s gonna be the best joint ever… LoL

6 Likes

You win some, some not such a win but, still a buzz. All good :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

3 Likes

Yeah this window grow was a dumb idea but its had Leds and nutes since and will get a quick dry/decarb then eaten :champagne:

9 Likes

Bongapetite monsieur!!

5 Likes

Ah yes the old film canister; taking me way way back!!!
I don’t think I’ll buy auto flowers again. Someone here commented that they dropped 5 or six GG autos and got all hermies so I gotta be grateful for at least a doob…
I think I got the 10 for 10 on the GG autos so maybe I’ll drop them next spring and grow them outdoors and see if ANY grow up a bit.

This one started to flower at 3 weeks (still in its nursery/solo cup)
I put it in a 7 gallon bag outside in FFHF to try and encourage her but as @hellraiser said they flower when they WANT to…

4 Likes

Oh man you can’t listen to everything other people say. There’s some outstanding auto only growers in here… Not me I like to be God and play my schedule :joy:

5 Likes

Twinsies. Not WW, she’s Auto Lemon!

6 Likes