Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

Thanks brother, you are the man. Yes i’ve been reading about uva in veg. 15-30 min cycles a day can be beneficial for plants in veg working it up in increments until flower 12-12 in later stages

3 Likes

No dimmer but it’s only 30 watts, I’d just keep it higher as I normally do with my lights in veg - over 24 inches and for shorter times and see if there are any negative affects on the plants. Outdoor plants get UVA (and UVB) from the start, so why not give indoor plants the same.

After having run the UVA for all of flowering on the last group, my daughter noticed that the Cherry buds are even more frosty compared to the Cherry buds from the previous grow where they only got it for last 4 weeks, still have yet to smoke any of it, as I hate smoking fresh bud (I usually only smoke 3 month+ cured buds). In that case, it’s worth the beat up leaves - the frostier buds are more important (to me) than having pristine looking leaves.

As with any HLG product, best to buy it whenever it’s available because chances are it’ll be sold out when you want it, like now - I wanted to pick up another UVA lamp for the veg tent but HLG is sold out of them currently.

5 Likes

Those awesome looking buds. Nice!

2 Likes

@Hellraiser I’ve been following this incredible thread for a couple of months now. I’m just another newb who wants to say thank you to you and the many kind folks on this forum who share their knowledge and advice openly and freely (and with a sense of humor). This is a great community, and I appreciate it. I’m in learning mode now, and hope to be in growing mode soon enough. I aspire to be a valued contributor as well someday.

7 Likes

You are very welcome, glad you are enjoying my journal.

3 Likes

Man this site should be paying you for all the help and time you put out there for others! Cheers to good folks like you! Some people do need to do a bit of their own research instead of asking the same questions over and over in your journal. You have the patience of a saint lol

10 Likes

He won’t take any interviews for his open Secretary position either, so stubborn @Hellraiser smh…

7 Likes

I have a quick question regarding Advanced Nutrients. It is for my AK47 that are 45 days.
This is what they have received the last four times

I have fed them with every water. I generally hold back on Iguana Juice giving 50% to 75% of recommended amount. The ppm on 9/14 was 740 with 75% Iguana. I am concerned if I go up to 100% the ppm will be too high. Do have a recommendation? Feed water feed or continue to feed with every water just reduce nutrient amounts to stay around 700 ppm during veg?
You know I like pictures. Here is one of them

They were transplanted 4 days ago. Root hume is fulvic/humic acid which I am using rather then Ancient Earth.
Thanks…

4 Likes

Very good to know teacher, thank you very much. I’ll definitely be keeping my eye out for then they’re back in stock then.

1 Like

Lmao you just don’t quit, huh partner :joy:

1 Like

Can go 1 of 2 ways.

1. Feed every watering with ppm of 650-750, this is what I’m doing with my plants in veg and they are all doing very nicely on it. Will up it a little in flowering.

2. Do the higher ppm feed but do a water only (or with calmag) in between.

Either way works, I like the constant feeding at lower ppm.

4 Likes

Cmooon buddy, errbody know…

2 Likes

@Hellraiser. In the past few days I’ve seen my plants have new growth starting low to soil level, so my question is should I do something and what to stop it? Or it’s fine let it start making sprouts that low on the plant?

And what’s up with the weird growth of this one? Do I need to try to tie it back over? Leave it?

And is this CHEMICAL BURN?? Or???

2 Likes

Good read :+1:

2 Likes

That uva light is available through one of hlg retailers photonic led (dot) com. Not sure if I can post the link. But just saw it if still wanted to order now

1 Like

Hey Mr Raiser-
I was looking at a nice poster I have about fimming and topping. I wondered- is there an advantage (harvest wise) of one technique over the other?

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation. Coming from FF trio and occasional calmag, many more nutrients and additives to manage as you go up the AN ladder.

3 Likes

Have a few ideas I wanna run by everyone on here. I pulled the trigger and decided to do a second tent for veg (2x4). I ordered the HLG 300l B spec and all the accessories for the tent. I plan on using the tent (3x3) I have now with a HLG 300l R-spec for flowering. I plan to rotate flower ready plants to the flower tent and then germ more seeds to keep the rotation going year round. Any pros or cons to this set up. I just want to be able to have a monthly supply of smoke for the wife and I, figured this is the best option. Thoughts? Concerns?

2 Likes

@rookiegrower I would clone instead of start from seed every time. There’s alot of variability with seeds, they don’t always make it, the bud quality is different, they grow to different sizes or handle nutrients differently so it’s hard to know what to expect and they cost money.

2 Likes

guess I need to research cloning more because I have no idea where to start lol…Thanks for the reply

2 Likes