Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

Dang…well wherever you end up I’ll be following!

BTW I wanted to ask - your topping method is different from what I’ve seen (and now attempted once, maybe again today). Cutting a few nodes off the main stem to encourage all branches under to grow up, vs cutting a little bit to double the main stem. Is that an indoor method to keep things even moving towards the scrog? I plan on topping the conservative way a few times just because I have months of veg time outdoors, but I’m curious about your method.

1 Like

Same thing here been frustrating, I wonder how many members are effected and if this ever will be resolved

1 Like

Yep, trying to get an even canopy of tops, like an upside down christmas tree.

5 Likes

Nice, that makes sense. Seems like it works pretty well! Have you always done it like that? Or did you experiment with the other methods and land on that one?

1 Like

It came up as a way to keep plants shorter and to get better yields over traditional methods. When I first started indoor growing, I used to grow in a tall closet but growing regular uncut/untrained plants, I often had plants getting 6 feet tall or more in flowering and I’d have to bend over tops to keep them from getting burned by the light. So started playing around with topping and fimming, I liked the results of this method and stuck with it.

9 Likes

Could not post pics here so go to part 3 to continue

5 Likes

Now your talking :sunglasses:

Stiil can’t post pics in my other journals so part 3.

Transplant Day

What a freaking Texas day, 9:30 am and already 100 degrees, supposed to hit 106 today.

Time to get the girls into their final homes. Will be using the following for this transplant:

Fox Farm Happy Frog
Perlite
Extreme Mykos mycorrhizae
Vivosun 7 gallon fabric pots

This will be an easy transplant, the girls are certainly a bit root bound as they need water every day or 2. This is best done with the soil DRY.

Put a couple/few inches of potting soil into the final pot, Test fit your plant in new pot, add soil as needed to get desired height, put a nice circle of myco where the plant will be.

Now I do a push in/pull out thing on the edges of the pot, spin the pot 90 degrees and repeat the push in/pull out to loosen the pot from the sides of the soil then grab the stem down low and pull the plant out of the pot. Maybe have the pot kinda on its side so gravity does not work against you.

Look at all those roots, no danger of the root ball falling apart.

Place the plant in the new pot and fill in with soil, push down a bit on the soil near the pot edges so it won’t settle down and get too low after watering. Then water fully (i used 1/4 dose nutes) and place back under your lights.

The Gorilla Glue girls transplanted and back in tent, decided to keep water girl (the smaller one) in the tent . The front right GG is a monster, love the way she is growing, think she will make an awesome clone mother as long as the potency is there.

With the Cherry Ice Cream clone, tent is getting pretty full

One of the GG will be grown outdoors, she looks pretty happy even in the heat. Gave a neem oil treatment the night before

23 Likes

Let’s check on the flowering tent, 3 Cherry Ice Cream clones at 8 weeks flowering. No more feeding, just water only til the chop. Leaves turning purple, trichs are mostly cloudy with some still clear.

28 Likes

A little closer

31 Likes

Even closer

31 Likes

Very pretty going to be a nice Harvest !

3 Likes

Very nicely done.

3 Likes

Lmbo I have those same fans and have been trying to figure out how to clip them on for days… am I seeing that you just hang them with a rope ratchet??

Yep, just hanging upside down with a rope ratchet shoved thru a hole where the stand would mount.

10 Likes

What a beautiful mind.

Lights are about to go off in 15 minutes, so I’m going to hang them like you did. I think I saw previously that you keep them on low speed… do you just try to angle them for a cross breeze above the canopy?

2 Likes

Yep, just a cross breeze over the canopy.

3 Likes

How is the humidity? With GG that is outside, do you have to watch its heat / direct sunlight with the black pot? I have some house wrap laying around and thought I would cut some to put around the black fabric pots I have in the garden (northern lights photo and jack herer autos.

For the flowering and veg tents, humidity is about 30RH. Outside it is 15RH, with over 100F day temps. After giving her a couple days of morning sun/afternoon shade/early evening sun to acclimate, she’ll be put in direct light all day. This plant did not get a fabric pot, I went with a 7 gal black plastic pot instead, so it wouldn’t dry out as fast. Other than that, will do nothing special to deal with the heat, they manage somehow.

7 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like