Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks vs Advanced Nutrients, making feminized seeds

Where are you…?
Grande Prairie? Fort Mac? FSJ?

@NeoGroR

1 Like

Yes, for the Cherry grow I was giving 1/2 gallon of wates/nutes a day per plant in 5 gal pots and got decent runoff 25-35%.

For my next seed grow I’m planning on using 3 gal mesh pots. I was checking the root balls on the Cherry clones and they would have easily fit in 2 gal pots so 3 gals would be more than enough, specially if I continue wth the frequent fertigation (watering/feeding a couple/few times a day).

11 Likes

So in coco, what is the quickest you can clone and then flower? I started some from seed then put into 3 gallon rain science bags. Took 4 months to finish. Not going to be the highest yield but was seeing if doing so was worth it instead of vegging longer. The one I worry about is some blue dreams in 2 gallon coco in fabric pots. 27 inches high with 38 inches of grow room. Was thinking of dropping a screen on them and bring them down by another 5 inches under the net. Not sure if I should put them in a larger size pot. I did not see much difference from the 2-3 gallon, but I did when they were in the 7 gallon coco. They were easier to care for and grew some nice sticks. Just had to wait a bit longer.
Would it be unwise to transplant into say 7 gallon pots and let them stretch under a few nets?
Sorry for the ramble. Smoking hash today and liking it. Peace. Thank you kindly.

2 Likes

Ahhh right the shelf up there in Alaska.
Gotcha, so you work industry like me.

K though maybe you were more in my area. Anyways ask away. Have a good hitch.

1 Like

My Blue Dream grow had about about the minimum of veg time I’d do with clones - 2 weeks veg after rooting and then start flowering but you could flower them immediately after they are rooted to keep them as short as posslble if desired.

You can use larger pots if you want but after looking at my rootballs yesterday from the recently harvested Cherry clones, even a 5 gallon seemed unnecessary, but larger pots can give you more time between watering needs.

My Bue Dream clones ended up at the perfect size/height. Just short of 4’ tall, plenty of distance from the light and top of canopy.

No problem letting them get bigger and putting under a net, something I would have done if they got much taller.

6 Likes

Cool! Any idea what pots your going to go with exactly? I’m gunna copy cat.

4 Likes

Blue Dream clones at 43 days flowering, six weeks done and starting week 7. Thinking about going water only soon as the upper buds’ trichs are mostly cloudy already with a few clears. This was a 10 week flowering pheno when grown from seed but may only need 9 weeks of flowering as clones.

The Tribus group on the the left, Tribus and Fishsh!t group on the right.

20 Likes

The Fishsh!t group on the right and Tribus and Fishsh!t group on the left.

18 Likes

A closer look at one of the tops I trimmed the top on.

18 Likes

One of the lower buds on the same cola that was also given a top trim (Fishsh!t group).

16 Likes

Looks Like FishSh!t is winning, right?

2 Likes

A top bud that was not trimmed.

14 Likes

Will be using Rain Science 3 gals for next grow.

6 Likes

I’d say so. The Fishsh!t group is the tallest and seems to have larger buds than the others. Won’t be a huge difference but I believe the Fishsh!t group will yield the most.

12 Likes

Well they all look great and healthy. Are you seeing any standouts/benefits in particular bacterial inoculation.

I could never find any details that weren’t marketing specific, so I’ve been using a slurry mix of recharge, mykos/azos, tribus, fishsh!t, top fed at the trunk. But now in flower and assuming my rhizo is maxed I’ve only been trying to use up some old school blackstrap with a couple ml tribus, maybe couple grows grab some bud candy(no experience with it)

edit… Nm answered while I was brain dumping.

3 Likes

Lots of big buds above the screen and also lots of big buds under the screen since the canopy is nice and open and providing plenty of light to buds even a foot under the screen.

22 Likes

Ok is it me I didn’t read yet lol. Tribus side looks better than the mix and the fish shit side looks better than the mix. Wonder if mixing cancels something out in a way or something either way it all looks great man.

4 Likes

Yeah not seeing much benefit in using Tribus and Fishsh!t together, may be causing too much competition among the different microbes so they are busy fighting each other rather then helping the plants.

7 Likes

The seeds for the next grow was planted last week, 3 Gelato and 1 Strawberry Kush CBD. Rough looking group of sprouts, the big one sprouted 2 days after being planted and has grown like crazy while the others sprouted on day 4. The one with mutated growth is the SK CBD.

14 Likes

A closer look at the Strawberry Kush CBD, very mutated growth to start with but newest set of leaves are looking more normal, will give her a chance to see if she grows out of it.

14 Likes