Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks vs Advanced Nutrients, making feminized seeds

Yeah I’ll most likely go to 3.8 after giving them a little break.

3 Likes

Nice plants👍

1 Like

What’s your goal for as height with BD since they stretch so much

3 Likes

If I may ask, with the part b at 2.0 already that was to reduce nitrogen right? Is reducing the part a to lower potassium and phosphorous?

2 Likes

When you water only for the last 2 weeks… do you just use tap? Ph tap? Or ro and ph? Does ph matter at the end?

Also… I just see a small amount of bud up top… the buds directly underneath don’t need light? Only top of bud sites?

These look so good btw!

1 Like

I expected a large stretch, it’s why I stopped vegging at 2 weeks (at about 22"), I figure they’ll be about 4 feet tall when the stretch is done. Will put up a screen shortly, not to do any bending or anything, just to support the colas so they don’t fall over/lean on each other. This is going to look like a SCROG in a few weeks with all the secondary branches filling up the screen around the large colas of the main stem.

9 Likes

Yes, part B at 2g to reduce nitrogen a little in flowering, when doing this, be on the lookout for a calcium deficiency (little brown dots on leaves) as part B is where the calcium comes from as well, if any are seen than increase part b.

I had increased part A from 3.6g to 4g to add a little more phosphorus and potassium in flowering but these Blue Dream plants are a bit nute sensitive so took it back down to the baseline 3.6g after seeing their displeasure with it.

I even had it in my notes that the BD wants less nutes from a previous grow but thought they might handle the Jacks better than the AN I used on the previous grow of this strain/pheno.

8 Likes

I use straight RO water with no ph adjustment for the last 2 weeks. Ph kinda matters but not so much at that point and not with RO water which really doesn’t have enough TDS to really hold a ph. I would not use my tap water with almost 500 ppm of junk in it (and a lot of calcium which don’t want much of close to harvest), would not clear out the coco too well.

The buds under the tops get more light than the picture would suggest, lots of little gaps where some light can get thru, I turn the light way down (barely on) to take pics.

3 Likes

Next buy is a 3x3 gorilla tent a tall boy! My 4×4 I need longer arms, Hell your right a 3x3 is just right!

2 Likes

@Chasfitter I wish someone made a 3x6 or even a 3x8

2 Likes

Wish I had 9’ pour I’m a basement grower think gorilla goes 6’11

2 Likes

Gorilla can go 7’, 11” tall with an extension. At least my 2x4 standard does. It came with that extension…but I added it to my 2x4 Shorty instead.

4 Likes

Yeah I love being able to just sit cross-legged in front of the tent and do the watering and I can reach everything I need to. If I had more space I’d just add more 3x3 tents, do a different strain in each.

6 Likes

Yeah my 3x3’s are 6’11 and came with 1’ extensions to go to 7’11.

4 Likes

Oh yeah I know exactly what you mean! I’m looking into upgrading soon to gorilla

1 Like

Chas if you were in the military do the deak they have. You have to verify you were in the military, I sent a copy of a VA hospital letter & they give you a code for 20% off.

2 Likes

I’ve been on the fence about jacks for about a year now but after seeing this im going to have to place an order. Best place to order?

2 Likes

I just ordered from Growgreen I believe. They’re super helpful and the best option for 2 reasons IMO.

Growgreen has it for $99 + free shipping (part a&b 25lb bags). Amazon is $108+ free ship. So they’re cheaper.

AND the guy at grow green said it’s better to order straight from them bc when you place your order thru Amazon, they’re the same ppl who ship it, but they have to ship to an Amazon warehouse, THEN it’s shipped to you. So it’s handled by more people. More chances to get busted on route to you. If you read the Amazon reviews, you will see that’s the biggest complaint.

Mine will be here tomorrow. Ups. Instead of usps. (Amazon always sends my stuff usps, not a big deal, just another difference) Just as quick if not quicker than Amazon. I placed my order Friday I believe.

Good luck!

8 Likes

Kelp r less has a 1lb bag for like 20 bucks or cheaper I believe it was. Works great breaks down in water real well also.

5 Likes

Just an update! It came today in the mail! After a million updates from ups (I don’t get anything out of the usps ppl lol) no busted bags! I was scared lol

They came in such a small box I was scared they sent the wrong thing. Until I went to pick it up :joy:

15 Likes