Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks vs Advanced Nutrients, making feminized seeds

Yeah when you get plants that are predisposed to hermie, not much you can do to prevent that as it doesn’t require any stress to go hermie.

The Cherry Ice Cream obviously has a hermie gene lurking in it’s DNA, it did not express itself in my Cherry mother so all clones of it never hermied (without making it happen).

If 2 of the Cherry plants don’t go hermie (no signs yet), then I could backcross one of them back to the mother and that should reinforce the non-hermie trait. Do that a few times and that makes the hermie trait very recessive and much less likely to happen, though the chance of it happening will always be there as it seems to be the way with feminized seeds.

I’ve only been playing with feminized seeds for a few years and I’ve had more hermies in those few years than in the 20 years before that growing from regular male/female seeds.

22 Likes

@CottonUpdate

My thoughts as well, also don’t like the look of the dead bud leaves that is common with bud rot/mold issues. I would not smoke that.

9 Likes

That is interesting… wonder if it is the 'long glandular tricomes ’ you spoke of. Buds don’t look rotten 🤷
I’m with Thumper… smoke it! :rofl:

1 Like

Does look like webbing or mold to me

5 Likes

all most looks like it brushed up against some fiberglass insulation . if not mold .
:alien:

4 Likes

That was my thought as well.

2 Likes

Thanks all I ended up smoking it lol. Came to the conclusion must’ve been fibers optics . Just thought it was weird how it was only on 1 bud in the middle of the branch. Thanks

4 Likes

Those fibers seemed to be the same length making me think something man-made.

1 Like

Did you get any higher!:grin:

2 Likes

Reminds of a line from an old punk song “The Shah sleeps in Lee Harveys Grave”

There’s a time to live and a time to die
I smoke Elvis Presley’s toenails when I wanna get high!

8 Likes

If the plant was predisposed to hermie, It sure took its time when you were trying to induce it.
Do all seeds that come from a hermied fertilization produce only females?

2 Likes

Yeah it sure resisted going hermie then.

Yes, with no males involved all seeds will produce female plants, or something like 99.99%.

12 Likes

@Hellraiser , I would pop every seed and look for the 1% male as a Father for the Cherry Mother. I don’t know for absolute how the genetics would play out, but I have yet to see a feminized seed that I have identify as only producing male parts start producing female calyx again. Maybe if I could open more seeds to test, others my have more info from breeders specifically. Just a thought. :green_heart::pray::v:

3 Likes

Received my spray for the Hermie plants but the one liter was leaking all in the package what about yours did you receive it was it in good shape ?

2 Likes

@Hellraiser wow beautifully done then again i expected nothing less and also super congrats on BOTY, man that gelato looks amazing im a super fan of bubblegums and gelatos personally.

3 Likes

That sucks, mine came in good shape, bottle caps were taped down securely.

3 Likes

Day 50 of flowering for the 2 Gelatos and Strawberry Kush CBD.

30 Likes

Here’s what I consider the lesser Gelato (on the left), buds a bit skimpy, not a crazy amount of trichs. This plant was the “canary in the coal mine” always the first to show any issue or deficiency.

19 Likes

Here is the one I consider the better Gelato, much fuller buds, better bud structure, and showing much more trichs.

The Gelatos look to have another 3 weeks to go minimum.

23 Likes

The Strawberry Kush CBD is about done, been on water only for a few days now, may give it another week before chop.

Being CBD, not looking for amber trichs, will take when most trichs are cloudy.

26 Likes