Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks vs Advanced Nutrients, making feminized seeds

Hey what’s up. Well I found something interesting on one of my hanging buds. Idk if it’s trics or what. Its not animal hair. Its a lot thinner than hair imo.

Thank you all

4 Likes

Do you have pets though? Agree it looks thinner than hair but I see this on my buds once in a while and ALL the time at my buddy’s house but he has mad cats. I noticed it more when I have my exhaust kicked up high and you open your tent it sucks everything inside hair, dust, couch fibers, carpet, blanket fibers etc. Try to turn exhaust down before opening if you have a controller on outside if not just when you open atleast. Just a thought! Not much help on what else it could be

Looks like it’s almost growing out your buds though :thinking:

4 Likes

It’s is only on 1 bud. I have a dog. I think is growing out of the bud. After googling I found long glandular trichomes might be that but don’t know

2 Likes

Did you clone that plant?

1 Like

This was a clone but didn’t take clones from this one. Some vid of bud.
One
Two

3 Likes

Hmmm, wonder if a bug, some kind of spider possibly did that? I would tare it apart and look around. Or just smoke it! :v: :wink:

4 Likes

That happened to me a few grows ago and it turned out to be hair. Once I put filter screens in the bottom fans and vacuumed the room more often, I never had it again.

That sure does look like they’re growing out of the bud though.

1 Like

Cat hair i found in mine at times.:joy_cat:

3 Likes

Exactly :100: haha :grin:

3 Likes

I’ll have to look into this never heard of it.

1 Like

It almost appears to be like fabric material or hair. Hard to say tho. Have u pulled a piece and looked under a scope. If it’s webbing it will rip apart super easy of hair u should be able to pull it out in 1 piece u less it is wrapped around alot inside.

3 Likes

His dog might have rubbed against that nugget or something too and the buds fresh or sticky the hair will stick

3 Likes

That’s what it almost seems to me. An animal brushed against it walking by

3 Likes

Got a microscope or know someone who does? plate it… if its not some anomalous trichome growth | Hate to even utter the word but it could be mold, lots of molds grow like cotton strands.
As many as there are, as close as they are to be dog/cat hair, that bud got used as a brush or anal gland expessor.

10 Likes

Thank you sir I’m Dien at work rn :rofl::joy::sweat_smile::skull_and_crossbones:

8 Likes

Sorry to say it, but I’m fairly certain that is some kind of mold, or possibly webbing from some pest.

7 Likes

Does this area look fuzzy in person?

3 Likes

I get cat hair in my grows despite my best efforts to combat it, but it doesn’t look like that when it gets on the buds. I’ve never seen anything that looks like that.
On a somewhat related side note, I had a delicious omelet this morning. It had bacon, sausage, peppers, potatoes, and cat hair! Lol

10 Likes

Yeah when you get plants that are predisposed to hermie, not much you can do to prevent that as it doesn’t require any stress to go hermie.

The Cherry Ice Cream obviously has a hermie gene lurking in it’s DNA, it did not express itself in my Cherry mother so all clones of it never hermied (without making it happen).

If 2 of the Cherry plants don’t go hermie (no signs yet), then I could backcross one of them back to the mother and that should reinforce the non-hermie trait. Do that a few times and that makes the hermie trait very recessive and much less likely to happen, though the chance of it happening will always be there as it seems to be the way with feminized seeds.

I’ve only been playing with feminized seeds for a few years and I’ve had more hermies in those few years than in the 20 years before that growing from regular male/female seeds.

23 Likes

@CottonUpdate

My thoughts as well, also don’t like the look of the dead bud leaves that is common with bud rot/mold issues. I would not smoke that.

10 Likes