Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks vs Advanced Nutrients, making feminized seeds

@Hellraiser,this is some good info,thanks.I am just starting out.
My tap water is 150 ppm,is that safe to use during my 1st grow?
I have been using 50/50 ro/tap so far.Just trying to cut out
any unnecessary steps.

3 Likes

I use tap water only. Just get ya a clean 5 gallon bucket, an air pump, a little tubing and an air stone. This will air out the chlorine from the water. My PPM is around 150 as well and I’ve had zero issues following these steps. @Hellraiser uses strictly RO water I believe.

6 Likes

Thanks @rookiegrower .

1 Like

@AliveAnKickin , I think you called the wrong number, me. :laughing:. About the tap ppm post.

Sorry about that,still trying to learn this forum structure LOL

1 Like

All good. Makes me feel like im “somebody”! Lol. Im a newbie, but have a journal going. Feel free to jump in if you like. PR first real grow and 2x4 grand opening. Welcome to the neighborhood. Best group of people ive ever been involved with here. You will learn a lot, as I have, and continue to everyday. Every hour actually! @AliveAnKickin

2 Likes

I wait til they’re in the middle of the flowering stretch (2 weeks in) to put up the net or the net can be be low after the stretch, specially with sativa dominant strains.

6 Likes

Good problem to have. I always do extra clones and my local grower friends love that I do.

The clones will be planted in Rain Science 2 gal mesh pots when rooted, which will be their final home, skipping the solo cups. Then a quick veg of a couple/few weeks and off to flowering.

7 Likes

Sure, if my tap water was like that, I’d use it. But my tap water is close to 500 ppm, why I use RO water.

5 Likes

Here’s the plants at another angle, forgot to post this one earlier, kinda makes it easier to see the difference between the Jacks (left) and AN (right) plants.

29 Likes

Took a closer look at the clone I pollinated when I ran home for lunch, can definitely see some color change going on with some of the pistils, so I’d say pollination was successful.

25 Likes

Thanks,I appreciate the welcome!

1 Like

Thanks,much appreciated!

2 Likes

Go Jack’s!

5 Likes

And who’s gonna have the most frost!

3 Likes

I’m happy to see that you are going to get the blue dream growing. That one has been my favorite in your journals. Look forward to it. SOG learning time. Thank you kindly.

4 Likes

I’m excited to see this journal all the way through anyone just now seeing @Hellraiser and his journal for the first time, just know this man will help you through any issue and also teach you how to grow some A1 bud. I am only on my second grow and I can only attribute my skill to the growdaddy Himself as he has been called before

Cheers to you my good man

8 Likes

So question for ya @Hellraiser when u started colloidal did u start a week before flip and go til u seen balls or do u start when u flip. I have 70ppm colloidal. Gonna try this on a run with g.g. gonna take a mom and clone her and seed the clones as i really dig the g.g smoke so did the wife. Super nice taste smell and high from it.

3 Likes

Hey @Hellraiser, I hope you’re doing well. My neighbor grows and we both just switched over to canna coco brings and jacks 321. My plants look great, but her one plant is showing a tiny bit of yellowing in the tips of new growth. As well as an ever so slight bit of nute burn on lower leaf tips. She waters once daily and says she gets a decent amount of runoff (not very descriptive, I know) I think possibly her plant just doesn’t like much nitrogen. I’m thinking of having her drop the cal-nitrate from 2.4 to 2.2 to see if it helps. Do you think I’m making the right assumptions here?

10 Likes

@Jake3 if I’m not mistaken it could also be light burn? What kind of light are you using and how close is it to the top leaves because it doesn’t look like the lower leaves are affected as much, also the green of the leaves aren’t a dark green so nutes shouldn’t be an issue…or so I think but I’m still learning myself

3 Likes