Hellraiser Cloning

Ive had a lot of monster crops, some by accident several for fun. The ones that came out of flower to re-veg best are the ones i didnt trim buds off. The plant will use the respurces in the buds and dry them out and fall off or be plucked off. Lots of new shoots came from the bud sites.

6 Likes

Yep, I donā€™t use gel or nothing on cuttings going into the aerocloner, the clonex solution has everything needed to help rooting.

6 Likes

Good news every one, i spotted some roots in the batch that is now on day 13ā€¦

Iā€™m starting to believe my issues with clones was patienceā€¦

Will keep you posted

7 Likes

Normally isā€¦ patience is important! Thats why its necessary to continue with hydration via spraying 2 times daily. Its also why low light intensity is preferred and no food as you dont want to topically feed a plant that you just want to maintain in a stasis while its root forms. In other words, you dont want a plant with no root to grow, so reduce light to much lower levels than vegā€¦ even diffused light is good. Do not use fertilizers, with the exception of a 1/4 strength seaweed extract topically every 4th spray or soā€¦ just to keep the plant healthy but not to stimulate top growth.

7 Likes

Patience is a good thing with clones (and revegging) I donā€™t even look for roots til day 15 and then they are usually ready to plant by then, when there was nothing at day 10.

8 Likes

Have you tried all the mediums?
How long should is mist them with the stuff i have?

Lesson for next batch

No root looky Looky till day 14

3 Likes

I believe I have tried most. Iā€™ve been cloning for about 20 years and have tried pretty much everything that was ever popular (or even not so popular) for cloning. I have not tried cloning in coco but will do so in very near future as I just got into coco.

Iā€™d normally mist plants for 2 weeks or so and then stop and see how the cutting reacts, if it starts wilting then itā€™s going to need misting for a few more days, no wilting - then roots are sufficient to provide the plant water and no more misting needed.

7 Likes

I spray em until the roots start to show, and then I reduce spraying gradually until it doesnt need spraying. Typically, once they dont wilt anymore they are pretty much good to plant out.

6 Likes

@Hellraiser

If they donā€™t wilt within 24h without misting? Or 12h or 48h or 96h???

1 Like

If they donā€™t wilt in 24 hours after stopping the misting, should be good to go.

5 Likes

They already donā€™t wilt inside the domeā€¦

The two biggest cuttings had both visible roots and got new shoesā€¦

I think they where the main branches.

8 Likes

Oh yeah! Once they are transplanted and no longer need spraying, you dont need to dome them any longer, they are now plants. At this stage I typically give them a week to ( set root ) and then trim iff all unsightly material. Then they begin with a mild veg formulation.

4 Likes

Also I notice a bunch of dead leaves in the older plants potā€¦ its a good idea to clean that up as it serves to give critters a place to hide and breed as well as potentially promote mold and disease.

4 Likes

Just bought this one, small company and good product. Came in yesterday and has a youtube video on how to set it all up. I have yet to use it, as my only clone is in flower and Iā€™m not ready to clone more yet.

6 Likes

i just started putting all the leafs that i pluck into that bucket. sort of putting back the nutes into the cyle. but maybe it is a bad ideaā€¦

looks simple and feasableā€¦ only thing to make some research on. would be the pumpā€¦

pump comes with it, complete kit. except mine is the 3 gal bucket, not 5

1 Like

Its good to use the trimmings, but definitely take them out of the tent. I have a small composter that all my trimmings go into, then I use that compost in my soilā€¦food for thought

1 Like

sureā€¦but i will be able to still save some bucks, tubes and buckets and mozzles i would find them for free roaming some tree schools or similarā€¦ the only thing i wouldn`t know where to get is the pump :wink:

i cant compost right nowā€¦or not yet :wink: