Hellraiser Cloning

I took the plunge as well. I got frustrated looking for B52, and with the prices.

4 Likes

Was planning to keep using some AN products but they arenā€™t making it easy, need more rhino skin, of course no rhino skin on amazon now, so if I really want it, got to get it from online grow shop like HTG supply and pay extra for shipping as well (I have amazon prime) so 1 liter of rhino skin for $38.57 or move on to Botanicare Silica Blast for way less than half from amazon - $15.99. Guess what Iā€™m buying?

Goodbye AN, had some great grows, was nice knowing ya but time to completely move on.

8 Likes

Do you add silica,voodoo or other additives to your water first before adding your jacks 321 and then pH?

1 Like

I like B52 it has gotten pricey.

I agree. They do look great. I have read more of your growing tips. I have learned a lot.

3 Likes

I probably would have been happy to keep using their stuff. Canā€™t find B52 or Rhino ( I too have amazon prime) Iā€™m paying close attention to what you are adding to the Jackā€™s.

4 Likes

When I use silica I add it first, seems with silica, it should be first or last, but I do it first as thatā€™s the way Iā€™ve been doing it for years. Voodoo juice - I do last. I kinda pre ph - I figured out that using 5 oz of my tap water per gal of RO gives me a perfect 5.8 ph (perfect for coco) after mixing in the Jacks. So no ph up/down needed for me.

Moving to Tribus as I run out of voodoo juice though.

6 Likes

I read or saw somewhere to mix nutes and ph then add tribus as Hellraiser said. Due to the acid in ph adjuster killing off some of the beneficial bacteria in tribus.

4 Likes

Checking on the cuttings after 24 hours, they look happier now then when they were attached to the plants. Nice conditions for cloning, 77F, 60RH, lights on 24/0, no reason not use 24/0 as beneficial night processes require roots and beneficial microbes, none here so go 24/0 to maintain stable temps.

The towels are to capture and reduce noise, not leaks, as itā€™s 10 feet away from where I sleep. It can be a bit noisy.

9 Likes

The HLG bspec is about 2 feet above the cuttings, set to 31 watts, using it as a temperature control at this point, had it at 40 watts at first but temps were over 80 so reduced it down to 31 watts. Checking the Ī¼mols (since I have a quantum meter, might as well LOL).

10 Likes

@Hellraiser
Here is where I am a bit confused. Looking to top these clones. I am guessing they need to stay in veg for another 4 weeks just because I have to flower the others. Trying to do a clone only run next. Thank you kindly.

3 Likes

@Blackmoon Hereā€™s where I got my feet wet and learned to clone. If you start from the top and read just the first 20 posts or so it will give you a good grasp on cloning. You dont have to do it like these. Use what you have. Lots of good info here.

3 Likes

Thanks @kdawg Iā€™m at this point bit like when you know you got to finish that last assignment for your study and you keep stalling.
The anxiety then continues to grow and more procrastination develops.

2 Likes

The alternating nodes are throwing you off? See how many branches you want (start counting from the bottom) and just cut the main stem above the highest branch you want to keep.

4 Likes

I know that feeling to well lol. Many good lessons here and many questions have been asked and answered here. Dont hesitate to ask more specific questions particular to how your learning to clone.

4 Likes

About how long from the date of putting them into the bucket do you expect to plant them into your medium to start growing?

1 Like

Got it. Thank you.

1 Like

you all make it look so simpleā€¦ not sure what im doing wrongā€¦

will uppload some pics when i get to my clones, maybe somone here can give me some advice.

3 Likes

Usually around 2 weeks, sometimes I leave them a few more days for roots to get a little bigger but never more than 20 days.

6 Likes

Sure thing, show us what youā€™re using and doing and we can help you sort it out.

6 Likes