Hellraiser Cloning

Ready to follow along!

2 Likes

Hey hell I have the oxyclone and no room in tent I found a dome for it with Sliding vents, got the old Ferry Morse t5 light would that work?

1 Like

Yeah, T5 makes for a great clone light.

7 Likes

Just about to try my hand at cloning this week :v:

4 Likes

Yes, nice method I was going to do as well, but itā€™s pretty similar to doing the potting soil method to taking the cutting and dipping it in clonex gel, then you just stick in a moist root riot plug (they come moist and ready to use) and put in your domed tray, mist the cutting and plug once a day with the clonex mist and wait to see roots coming thru the root riot plug, once that happens, plant in soil and off you go.

9 Likes

Awesome thanks. Is the solo cup challenge to see how much bud you get? or just the tallest plant?

Also @Breezy @RoDeezyDoe @tchop134 If you guys wanna follow

2 Likes

Just to see how big and healthy you can get a plant in a solo cup, getting it all the way to harvest is a bonus. Iā€™m gonna let her get a little bigger before flowering her out. Sheā€™s a clone of G1 in the flowering tent.

9 Likes

man thats a beautiful cut! Im inā€¦

4 Likes

hey @Hellraiser , nice clone lesson!
Ill second what you been spittinā€™

This is your method number 2. I took the cuts and placed them in a glass of tap water, brought them in the house. I took promix hp and pre moistened it. I stuffed those shitty plastic nursery 3x3 square pots until ready to burst, like firm! Now that the media is ready its time to set up for the transplant. Because my cuts came off an outdoor plant there is a good chance there is a bug or 2, maybe an egg? So I prepare some safers soap to dip them in.
So heres the routine, I place some rooting gel in a shot glass, scrape 2 sides of my clone stem, dip entire plant in safers soap mix, slice 45 degree fresh cut, dip real well in rooting gel, stab into medium. Repeat until all are planted. Rather than pitch the gel when Im done, I take a liter of tap water ( de chlorinated) and mix the rooting gel with it. Then I water the cuts. Spray the dome lid and open the vents a slice for a tad of fresh air. Thats it! Spray dome once a day, spray leaves 2 times a day, open vents a tad more each day, and 10 days later they are plants!

23 Likes

On the making and keeping of clone mothers

When you want to keep a clone line around, need to keep a mother, or grow a clone of the clone every grow, which gets old. So build a library of your favorite strains by keeping bonsai clone mothers, they donā€™t take up much space and you can ramp them up to clone production whenever you want.

First step is make some clones, get them fully rooted and growing.

On the mothers, I want 4 main branches, so I will top them to get that started. Topping now in solo cups will slow them down but not looking for fast growth with mothers, quite the opposite.

I have topped the 3 larger clones with my thumbnail

30 Likes

Clone moms topped and growing well in their own 2x2x4 tent with a HLG 135 Bspec at 68 watts and a AC Infinity T4 exhaust fan.

29 Likes

Looks they they are ready for some clean up and trimming to make them grow the way I want them to grow. So going to reduce the number of branches down to 4 and clean up the bottoms. Will also remove some of the older and larger leaves to reduce rate of growth a bit as well.

Closer look at a GG clone before cleanup/trimming

After

22 Likes

I want these bonsai mothers to have a very compact root ball so I will delay transplanting for a while. When I do transplant, it will be to a 6" plastic pot, which will be their home for a long time.

17 Likes

After a few weeks in the solo cups, time to transplant them to their final homes, 6" square pots.

25 Likes

Very nice! As you have done, mine on the right are the super bush variety of Balkh, on the left is the super terp pheno of the same variety. These will be grown until the original plants are matured, dried, cured and tested. 2 of the winners will remain as moms, the remainder will be gifted or composted. Next year, I will clone the moms and the new clones will be grown and perhaps seeded with a male of a similar variety. The suitable male may then be cloned as well.

5 Likes

They are quite small for being 6 weeks old, kept small by being left in the solo cups for a month, lower light levels (HLG 135 Bspec at 68-70 watts), lower levels of nutes, and removal of larger leaves.

The clone moms will get big and will need to be trimmed down now and then

22 Likes

Damn things! Hack em in half!Yer almost ready to scrog em! Lol :laughing:

5 Likes

I am going to make them much smaller by cutting down the long branches. The important thing here is to leave a node or 2 on the branch you are cutting off, so one of the growth tips can replace the branch you are cutting down.

Lets start with G3, very healthy growth and growing too fast at this point

Iā€™m cutting off most of the branch, but leaving enough nodes under the cut for one of the growth tips to replace what Iā€™m cutting off. If you donā€™t leave any nodes on the branch you are cutting, you have eliminated the branch entirely - we donā€™t want that.

After cutting down all the branches the clone mom is much smaller now.

The clippings would make great clones, the whole purpose of keeping clone mums.

30 Likes

this technique in tree work is known as heading back!

9 Likes

Moving on to the next clone, doing the same thing, taking off the top 4-5 inches of the branch, leave some nodes under the cut.

G2 before

After

And the next.

G1 before

After

Cherry before

after

This will need to be done every 2 or 3 weeks, do the same thing, cut down the branches but be sure leave some growth tips below the cut so the branch can regrow.

26 Likes