Hello new fam 1st timer here

When your leaves kinda fold up like a taco and point upward this is usually a response to the light being too close if you start seeing any yellowing I would raise it a little more. It also can just be a healthy response to the lights your plant just letting you know it’s recieving all this energy. I would wait for some more experienced responses but I think your safe for now. I would start with light at 30” and go from there but that’s just me. Like I said keep an eye.

Okay thanks for tips so far. I know I’m in early stage’s and am not stressing this issue but would like to understand this better. Here is pic of set up. The light is 180w led 21" above plant, I do have an upgrade for light coming tomorrow. Just dont want to stress the girls(or me thanks ocd) or burn them when my new light comes in. Lights have been on 2hrs now and showing some signs of praying starting.

1 Like

They look good just keep an eye on them. When your new light gets here I would go with two feet to 30 inches to start and go from there as you said you don’t wanna shock them. But like I said you will get more experienced responses soon. I know @PharmerBob is awake let’s see his thought?

1 Like

Sandwich plants together for now to share light, drop 2-4” and check leaves in an hour or two for status.

They’re trying to get the most out of the light they are given atm. In seedling stage they don’t need high wattage as much as they need lots of light to boost growth. Make sure surface temps stay within an optimal range for growth

1 Like

See he knows better than I :man_shrugging:t3: He has a Forrest going he’s got a real green thumb! :rofl:

1 Like

Killed enough to learn somethings :wink:

3 Likes

:joy: oh I will get some kills under my belt I am the undisputed king of effing things up :joy: I forgot to mention my light is not dimmable(upgrade is) but I will move back down and check in couple hrs.

1 Like

T8 light bars are good for seedlings as well. I’ve found you can’t light burn with them even touching the light bars

Unfortunately the led is all I have for now I’ll feel more comfortable when I get the dimmable option. I am seedling myself but have thought of how I would like to progress and expand with future grows. Like a small seedling tent then my current tent for final but that is in the future.

1 Like

You might do well with a dome over your seedlings also to contain moisture for them. Any clear container with a few 3/8” holes in the top to allow air exchange will do some good

1 Like

Praying leaves have started flattening. Light at 16" thanks @HMGRWN @PharmerBob @ConcreteBudz

1 Like

Good man! Glad I could atleast help point ya in right direction. There’s a ton of invaluable info on this forum and tons of willing people to help! Just gotta ask.

2 Likes

Well here are the girls 8 days above ground. New light came in and see how they like it udder than that all is going fine so far.

Nice man! They’re gonna love that light. Plants looking good. Especially the NL!:v:

Thanks keepin my fingers crossed. Dont want to jinx myself

Thinking about another light actually got my tent size wrong went from 8 sq ft to 11.5 sq ft so kinda need more light. Might just run this one for the 2 plants then add another light and 1or more plants.

Well day 12 and finally gave the girls a lift to get the air flowing underneath sack. Raised light to 20" they seem to like the new light, actually ordered another. I’ve just been watching and reading them and doing some research on my soil.

20210507_173646

2 Likes

Looking good man! You decide on a nutrient line to feed them yet? I have some stuff for coco that I got for free, was going to try and use it but I figure I’ve got this much invested in her, I may as well use some proper nutes. Thinking foxfarm trio. Can get pint size for about$30. Maybe pull the trigger on that this weekend. :blush::v:

I’m using a living soil and according to manufacturers website I should only feed a tea at wks 2,4and 6 of flower. My local hydro shop brews stump tea every Tuesday and you can go pick some up for free. I like that free option.

1 Like

Oh cool. I thought you were using ffof. Read so much I get things mixed up sometimes. That’s sounds easy. And free is always good. :v: