Hello new fam 1st timer here

Yes idk how I forgot the XL part thats the unit I own also lol

2 Likes

Thanks @kellydans. I am new to this and still learning but if Im comparing right isnt the Spider farmer sf2000 similar to HLG 260. Just asking not debating

1 Like

Great lights I use two in a 4x4 space.

HLG would be my choice.

Mars uses Epistar diodes while Spider Farmer uses Samsung LM301 diodes. That is why SF costs more.
This covers the 1000 series lights but worth seeing

1 Like

Thanks @kellydans @beardless. Got my info mixed Mars has totally different setup Epistar diodes/JusonMoso driver. HLG260/sf2000 use Samsung301/Meanwell driver. But looks like HLG is using different driver. My normal grow would be 2 plants in my tent. The spider fits my budget but can swing an HLG

2 Likes

The newer hlg use the 301h diodes. Which someone on here misappropriated the h as humidity. But it’s actually horticulture, it’s where samsung and hlg are working on their team up that hlg has been pushing for awhile. They use a new kind of driver by Inventronics on their Diablo™ Quantum Boards® for 2.75 PPF/W. Which is * Quantum Board® QB 648 made by Samsung. I’d say they are obtaining the contracts with Samsung that they wanted.

The spider farm series is closer to last year’s hlg line.

Figuring out lights is a challenge. HLG is the go to maker around here. I recently bought a light and was looking for one that met some very specific wants in terms of footprint and power. Price was a consideration but also wanted samsung 301b diodes. I ended up going with a sonofarm SF4000 for a 2x2 space. It was hard to find a small form light with over 300 watts that covers a square footprint.
Your 180w light will come in handy as a veg light or as a supplemental.

1 Like

Your not kidding beardless, lighting is a challenge. But I’m gathering great info from all here thanks everyone

HLG is a great place to look. Reputable. apparently great customer service and quality to boot. If you are handy, you can purchase the boards and heat sinks from HLG and source the other stuff where ever you can get the best price. Truthfully, not a lot left to pick up other than the driver.

Im actually liking Sonofarm, fits my budget and gives me what I need they also use the same components as spider farms sf2000. Lil cheaper since they are newer but reviews all looked good

Glad I mentioned it and hope it works out. I am very happy with my 4000. I know I do not need that much for a small space but I to crank up the DLI
This is what I had. I had already taken down a Kind Flower Bar

and replaced them with this

She looks a little thin right now because I just gave her her 70 day defoliation

1 Like

Beginning of day 4 above ground and all is looking good. The girls are getting their third set of leaves. Soil looks dry but still moist 1/2" down so not watering as of now last water was 4/26. Switched to 18/6 on 4/27. Last night before lights out noticed NL was “praying” made some adjustment’s as far as location for DLI and raised light 1" see what she looks like when I come home, BB not doing this. Other than this that lil NL is rockin.

1 Like

Got a question about humidifier. Any suggestions on a humidifier or can I get by with your run of the mill mini humidifier on Amazon for my 2x4 tent.

https://www.amazon.com/LEVOIT-Humidifiers-Ultrasonic-Vaporizer-Essential/dp/B08HS45N13/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=vesync+humidifier&qid=1619816924&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVk8xMUE0U0dHVDJWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODU4ODIzMVpIWDA1VVE2QlFUVyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDI3MTU2MkI0NzRDNkNHUEJLRSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl#
I have 2 of these they work great. 1 in each of my setups… Just remember you need to run ro or distilled water in them.

1 Like

Thanks @CooterJuice.

1 Like

Well an hour before lights out and the girls are praying again been doing this last 2 nights have raised light from 18 to 20" above. Now I have read that praying is not necessarily a bad thing should I keep raising light or just let her be.

Leaves “praying” indicates lights too far not too close.

2 Likes

I was under the impression that praying leaves indicated too much light.

1 Like