Hello new fam 1st timer here

@GreenSnek yea I have notice the difference between the 2 during veg jus enterd flower week ago but see how it goes

Sf2000 at 12inch near center, 100%

Avg dli of 55. 60 is the most of daily light intake a plant can use in flower

Edit. Without co2

That’s not quite true only because pot is one of the weird plant that has no upper limit but they’ll hit a bottleneck somewhere in most grow spaces whether its air in the medium or carbon dioxide density in the general space or nute availability (just saw the note)

Yes. That’s why I link the video. It explains what and how light works in the cannabis plant

2 Likes

Thanks everyone so obviously I need to up my light game. From what I see here HLG seems to be top choice. @GreenSnek love the tips link and no I dont have nutes was told didnt need with the Great Lakes soil

1 Like

That’s what they all say and then you either get nute burned seedlings or plants that last until mid flower that start to get serious phosphorous deficiency

1 Like

Happy frog is tried and true begining to end soil. As an option.

Oh, misunderstood. Yeah you’ll need nutes unless you make a living soil. Then teas and stuff are a thing

1 Like

Living soil is the best route. Just not something I’ve tried yet. Not there

1 Like

Yes hlg from start u wont be sad at all. A w60xl for ur wx4. If needed down the road u can always add an xtra board and change the driver and convert to a 320. I have 3 of the 260xls and they rock.

1 Like

I’ll be following along @IrishBuck I’m growing a NL auto too. She just popped out of the ground this morning. I’m using a Mars hydro ts600 full spec light. At least I think it’s full spectrum. But anyway, congratulations!!! I used a free lux meter app for my phone this morning and at 24" was getting 20,000lux. A conversion app changed that to around 650 ppfd. Another chart says this is around max for my little seedling. Apps, calculators, charts…
Smh…I have to remind myself to KISS (keep it simple stupid). Happy growing. She looks happy. :v:

1 Like

This is off of another forum:

"Its been pretty much bothering me because I don’t like people being led to believe they are buying a named brand product and not getting what was advertised or promised .
I Call Samsung support up just now PS they close at 9 pm ,just to ask if is Meijiu and King Bright are Authorized Samsung dealers or they have a account with Samsung to buy genuine Samsung Light Emitting Diodes .
After pretty much telling the Samsung USA sales Head office In New York that I was going to buy Samsung LED grow lights from Alibaba and the name of the lighting companies that are making the grow lights listed on Alibaba sales ads .
I told Samsung I want to make sure I am buying Genuine Samsung products and Samsung has to make sure I am not going to get ripped off so I need to know if these companies are buying Samsung 301 b Light emitting Diodes .
I want to know if The lights being made by these companies are using Samsung Diodes .

Alibaba , King Brite and meijiu are not Samsung customers …………………
None of them have a Samsung accounts and none of them are authorized Samsung dealers …

here is the number hit 1 for US sales 1 516 888 3240 …
I was told that there is not one lighting company in China that Korean based company Samsung is selling LED’s to …

If you don’t like this Call Samsung Please …"

1 Like

Well not much change girls are doing fine and im feeling confident so far only issue so far is hygrometer was using probe inside tent and readings were weird(70°/40RH avg) removed probe and put meter inside tent now i get better reading(75°/64%RH) still not trusting meter 100%. I am considering the sf2000 light as an upgrade from LED 180w just not sure if im gonna rush to buy it this grow but definitely will have for next grow.

Ok so upon further investigation it seems like the Mars hydro ts2000 is basically the same as Spider farmers sf2000 just slight price difference. From what i see either of these should work for a 2x4x6.5 tent. Any advice…fire away

@Budz. May I ask what is that app on phone ppfd/dli

The name is ppfd meter. Screenshot_20210426-182336_One UI Home

1 Like

Unfortunately the app doesn’t work well on phones with lower cameras. Like my phone can take long exposure night pictures with better clarity than my eyes can see. Literally why I bought this phone, 108mp camera. Light and exposure sensors are what the app uses. And yes it’s a Samsung, legit. Lol. Note20 Ultra 5G

Thanks @Budz. Just downloaded it. Im with ya cant see crap with these ol peepers I got

@IrishBuck welcome to the community ! I’m with @LiesGrows on the light I would just like to add purchase the XL version perfect for a 2 x 4 space.
HLG 260 v2 rspec XL. You won’t be disappointed

2 Likes