Hello new fam 1st timer here

Hello all so excited to be here and even more stoked for my first grow. I am growing NL and BB auto’s,here is my set up 2x4x6.5 tent 180w full spectrum LED 6" carbon filter/inline fan 7 g phat saks and Great Lakes Water Only soil. I tried to keep this as simple as possible for my first grow but also know there is way more to learn. Any tips and advice is greatly appreciated as my questions are sure to come.

NL BB

7 Likes

Welcome to the greatest forum around!! Good luck with your grow and if you do have questions, fire away! You will only be able to post a few things for the next 24 hrs(forum rules) but I promise you will get an answer or 20 if you ever need help.

6 Likes

Have to agree best forum have been stalking y’all for about a month waiting for seedlings and gathering info

1 Like

Well my first question is for my lighting folks. Im using 1 180w full spec Led in a 2x4x6.5. I know i will probably need more. What should i do? Get another 180w LED or go straight to better upgrade?

1 Like

100% spend the extra up front save in the long run id highly recommend the HLG 260W QB V2 RSPEC LED KIT its perfect for a 4x2 tent like stated its a kit so you have to put it together yourself

3 Likes

Thanks @LiesGrows. I was actually eying the HLG 300L RSpec but will look into the 260w. Would i still use my lil 180w with?

2 Likes

The two lights probably won’t fit together at the top of the tent but you could use the 180 for a side lighting, especially if it can be dimmed.

1 Like

No unfortunately it cant be dimmed. Now Im wondering should I do upgrade now or just run with my 180. Is there still time to upgrade lighting? Thanks all

1 Like

Do you have flower nutes if not you’ll probably need some since water only soil really only lasts 7-10 weeks here I’ll direct you over Here where I have a good amount of general tips for beginners

2 Likes

I run 202 actual watts in a 2x4x6 and it’s plenty ppfd. I can easily get 12 hours of light in 10. LEDs have come a long way.

1 Like

Yes from what I bin learning it’s 32-40 watts for veg n 42-55 for flower per square ft so for a 4-2 tent for a great flower is supposedly 300 watts to 350. N for a 3x3 it’s 480 from what I read but I had 3 plants doing. Great under a spider sf 1000 with 100watts … This lightening s**t is tricky at times…but jus read the results n reviews best way to get info. Best of luck with grows

1 Like

Yes they say 300w led for a 2x4. But that’s an old standard. It doesn’t work anymore. Just like general heights don’t work unless the manufacturer specifically lists it in their manual
That video explains way better than I can

Gotta realize it’s a community of stoners. That video is a year old, full of great research. Research is good.

1 Like

Price for me is a issue but the spider farmers are amazing I think n so are mars hydro jus to let you know I’m running both my plants r doing jus amazingim actually saving for a spider sf2000

1 Like

Spider Farmer is what I use. Closest to HLG on a budget.

But w.e works for you I’m jus letting you know my opion I’m very skeptical to buy a light that cost mucho bucks n it not b worth it but deff mars n spider are from my experience

1 Like

That’s not quite true there are some ali baba lights that are basically identical to hlg but not worth the lack of customer service mars hydro veg fine but aren’t up to snuff when it comes to flowering

That’s definitely not true. The king’s do not test as well.

2 Likes

They do cut corners I agree whether it’s the drivers or bargain bin 301b s