Hello, I'm new here

Hi, I am a new member here and want to say hello to everyone and I look forward to learning more about growing.
I use for medical reasons, PTSD, sleep, back and knee pain. I have just purchased a…
Grow tent, 1 x 1 x 2 m.
400w duel light (veg and grow)
Filter, plus the all important seeds. 3 x Great White Shark. 3 x Black Domina, and 1 x Northern Lights (free) The GWS will give me the day time pain relief and the Domina will help get a decent nights sleep. The Northern Lights…well it was free so guess I can just enjoy that :slight_smile:

I live in Vic. Australia and what I have read says it is not the time to grow as we are going into winter. My question is…If they are in the house will that matter when I plant? and should plant them all or just one of each seed?

Look forward to reading more on the site and hearing some good advice. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Firstly, if your environment is stable, you can plant anytime you like. I personally, try to time my harvests for the middle of the winter here in the states. It lets me utilize the lower humidity needed for late flower.

A 3x3 tent will comfortably fit 2 mature plants, however, I’ve grown 3 plants in a slightly smaller space but it does get tight. If using Chinese LEDs, you’ll want about 450 watts from the wall for flowering. If your 400w light is rated at actual draw, that may still come up a bit short.

What is the make and model of your light?

What growing style are you looking at?

Finally, the Northern Lights will also help with pain relief. It’s a nice easy strain to grow.

Best of luck and if you have any questions, just put an @ symbol in front of a username to tag them. @lovinglife @SilentHippie

:sunglasses::v:

5 Likes

Thanks @SilentHippie. Some good advice, appreciated!

I purchased them from Ebay. The light is a 450W, sorry my mistake.
Make of tent, filter and light is Greenfingers. Only a cheap kit but hopefully I can use for awhile until I can get a bigger one.

Yes I recall NL was the in thing when I was a teen. :grin:

Growing style?? Organic, is that what you are asking??

1 Like

I was wondering if you’re growing in soil or soiless?

1 Like

Im in the same size tent and I have 2 mature plants and I am out of space. 2 is almost to much depending on what kind of training or grow your doing

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! I agree with @SilentHippie, indoors you can grow year round if you maintain stable environment.

2 Likes

I have 3 plants in a 2ftx4ftx5ft they work pretty good with some lst to fill the canopy up. U could scrog 1 or 2 plants in that space and get good results

2 Likes

I have a 3x2’x5.5’ grow room i have 2 plants at 7 weeks from sprout their almost filling the space. I wouldn’t try 3. Just me

2 Likes

Hi, I want to go soiless. I bought coco, perlite and looking at getting some other nutrients etc before I plant.

1 Like

OK, thanks for advice.
Been thinking and might just go the two, Black Domina and GWS.

SCROG? Is that the square nets?

1 Like