Hello guys,i need some of your valuable time and knowledge!

Hello guys,i’m new here and also this is my very first grow so have some patience with me :stuck_out_tongue:

Strain; ak47 fem

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? A local soil nothing serious ,70% blonde peatmoss 70% & compost 30% at 6.5 PH

System type? soil in 10lt pots

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? if my ph tester is working correctly(im not sure it does) my runoff is at 6.5 everytime

What is strength of nutrient mix? 5-8-10 and micro nuts (im new so im trying not to over do it)

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size? i used 2X 600w HPS from 08/01/2017 until today ,i removed one!

Temps; Day, Night: 28-30 at the canopy and around 24 below near the soil and at night 22 but today with only one lamp on i had a steady 22.6 during

the day and around 19 at night

Humidity; Day, Night: 35-40 day and 45% night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:Nope just one little 35cm fan hitting the canopy

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, A/C which im using the night

Co2; Yes, No :nope just me chilling in there :stuck_out_tongue:

I switched my ladies to 12/12 at 08/01/2017 and the next days i noticed that all the new growth and the upper leaves turning to this yellow-light green color and also some burns ,im not sure what is it,maybe to much light or temperature change?i had a hard time the first 2-3 days trying to keep a steady temperature and i keep the lights at 50 cm using the hand technique to see if its hot.

Any advice would be appreciated and sorry for my english, i know, u want to pull your eyeballs out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

dont know what happen with the first photo and went up there :confused:

What size pot are you in? I wonder if it’s getting root bound.

Also, I assume there is drainage? I don’t see a catch pan and it’s on a nice looking floor - maybe moved for pictures.

The off coloring in the leaves kind of looks like an iron deficiency.

Looks like you’re doing pretty well overall, though. :+1:

10 liters and yes i’m sure the roots are not that comfy in there but i dont know if i can transplant them in flowering stage,what do u think should i do it?
yes the catch pan was removed for the pics :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you very much for your reply!!!

@nemereth , looks like your compost may be a bit to hot of a mix . flush with 3 time pot volume and hold off the nutes for 3 weeks if this is it you should see improvement in 1-2weeks . Also get some calibration solution to keep check of that pen .
Hammer .

3 Likes

@Hammer thank you for your reply!
Sure im going to flush them today,about the pen now i did it a few days ago!
Should i use the other 600 watt hps again or it’s too much for 2 plants?

It will be find “Hps” if enclosed space you will need a fan also make sure your light is at it’s correct distance from plant

Your looking for 50 watts per square foot of grow space
So figure out square footage of closet and divide by 50
It will answer your question if 1200 watts is too much
And make sure you vent the closet or grow space you’ll be producing a lot of heat with 2 lights

1 Like

@steve2 and @Countryboyjvd1971 thank you both for your advice!

The distance from the plants is at 50cm right now and i can supposedly go up to 62 cm?i dont know for sure,its my first try and my only knowledge is from this forum and some other grow guides.

1 Like

If you have the owners manual, see what they say about distances. My lights had pretty specific recommendation’s, which I’ve followed. I figure MFG probably knows best.

It’s really a heat issue here, HID lights like MH and HPS are producing a lot of heat :anguished::bulb::chart_with_upwards_trend: and it can be a problem if you cannot ventilate and evacuate the excess heat… That’s one of the reason I went for LED lights :wink::innocent: They are more and more accessible… you can find one that’s under 200$, even under 150$, and the life expectansy is double even triple the HID one… It’s worth for a closet setting :wink::innocent:

Hope that you’ll find this useful :innocent: :v:@nemereth

1 Like

well said!

1 Like

You’re welcome, sir :innocent::+1::v:

One 600 watt HPS should be fine for two plants that size

@Matthew420 sadly they dont even gave me a manual just the little boxes and there was nothing in it :stuck_out_tongue:

@Niala thanks man!i was thinking about LED lights but we experience low temperatures here(0-5 celsius) thats why i bought HPS,the main idea was not to use the A/C at all but yeah that was stupid of me,now im using the A/C during the night for heat and the 600w HPS,it was a bad choice :stuck_out_tongue: Here are some photos from the growing space,its pretty bad but this is what i can do right now with what i have!

@Paranorman thank you!! they seem to enjoy it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

likely a bit much for just 2 plants.
Hammer .

1 Like

@Hammer what do u mean? the space is to much or the lights? :confused:

@nemereth 2 600 watthid’s would be a bit more than needed for 2 plants . or did i misunderstand ??
Hammer

no u didnt misunderstand! yeah it was a bit to much,they seem better with just one,more healthy!

Good to hear it .and yes plants can suffer light toxicity .
Hammer .