Hello everyone new to ilgm

OMG :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:. @Lacewing @MeEasy I flippin love you guys!! We have a ton of humming birds as we feed them. One was hanging with me one day in the garden. Phew thank you so so much :heart:

2 Likes

Arrow , you know how to edit too huh lol

1 Like

I have feeders right near my grow cause they love to eat insects right out of the air

I had that same exact white spot where I put the arrow
And I watched it happen hahaha

2 Likes

I’m actually usually bad and need help but I just click edit and hit markup …gives ypu all kinds of options on an iPhone

1 Like

Also WPM will sort of stand up off the surface just a little like the same thing when you open your hood and that corrosion is near the battery terminals

2 Likes

I have a old ass Motorola Android. But with guys like you and MeEasy who needs an iPhone. Lol
Thank you again :blush:

2 Likes

Your very welcome and you definitely do not NEED an iPhone …

But you know how those family plans go …

I liked my old Motorola flip phone with the extendable antenna
Hahahah

2 Likes

It does look like WPM. I’ve struggled a bit with it, and that’s what it looks like when it starts. Increase air flow and exchange. Hose with peroxide. Liberally.

2 Likes

Eeeshhhh I thought it looked more powdery …but I guess I’ve only seen examples of it in an andvanced state

2 Likes

I use a tablet mostly… I was looking through my pictures to find some wpm but didn’t find any. I did find these. First is of garden friends since you were talking about hummingbirds being friends, the other is one of many mixes to fight wpm if someday you do get it … glad to help I received a lot of help when I started so figured it’s only right to return the favor to other new growers

2 Likes

Only thing I would do is use castle soap instead of dish detergent

1 Like

Castle soap?

Thank you @Covertgrower I’m going to treat it as WPM just in case. But it is also a possibility due to the number of hummingbirds we have this year and that particular plant was under some pine tree branches before I put the plastic over that it’s poop.

If it is WPM will the spray stop it from spreading to my other plants ? Should I get that one outta there?

Authentic castile soap is made of plant oils — coconut, hemp, sunflower seed, jojoba and olive . (Avoid brands with palm oil. That’s devastating forests overseas where orangutans live.) Oils are mixed with an alkali — sodium hydroxide for solid soap and potassium hydroxide for liquid.

Copied from the web

People assume Dawn dish detergent is safe for plants and the reality is there’s things in it that aren’t

4 Likes

Sweet. Appreciated @Lacewing

2 Likes

No worries …does the same thing just less evasive for plants

2 Likes

Continue spraying, and stay vigilant. It’s environmental so pulling that plant will do no good unfortunately.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for responding, I didn’t want to believe it, but upon further inspection I do believe it’s WPM. Thankfully the others are not showing signs of it :crossed_fingers: They all got a shower of peroxide/water. Here’s hoping.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but by environmental do you mean it’s just in the air outside? I’ve had this before and I thought it was because my plants got rained on …hence the covering this year. But I do open it up during the day

2 Likes

Thank you again for your time, of all the things I didn’t have was the vegetable oil. So I used the peroxide/water this time. I’m going to get the vegetable oil and alternate between the two. Hopefully it works :crossed_fingers:

Yes environmental is the weather. The only thing I believe you can do is increase airflow. And the spray obviously

1 Like