I’m back. Sorry about the abrupt departure last month. I was ill, (Not with the virus). So I am starting a new journal for my first ever grow. I was able to start 2 Green Crack, 2 LSD and 2 Chemdawg; let me tell ya, I had to do a little experimenting to keep the babies alive with mixed results. Here are some pics.
The following is initial set up with the exception of the MH light. I originally had it a lot closer to the grow kit with a shorter covering.
I initially set up the MH lamp and but it got entirely to hot. I really thought I baked and drowned them trying to keep them cool. They got up to 106° F at one point.
- I first tried adding a fan to cool the air between the lamp and plant kit.
- Keeping the fan; I added the soil you see surrounding the six seedlings and wet it down to increase the humidity, (RH was in the 30’s). Then I added ice cubes into the empty holes.
- I did all of the above and I was still getting hot temps in the low 90s.
- Then I got this, “Thingy” that turns my intake and exhaust fans on when the temp in the tent gets too high.
- As a result of all this, I BOUGHT A NEW LED LAMP.
- I have been keeping the tent doors and windows open in the room to let the cold air in.
My results are above. I am concerned about all of them.
The two that are upright look like they are straining for light. The two that came thru the soil look like they are dying. The last two, I peeked at with a toothpick. I could barely make out the seeds doing something. I didn’t want to mess with them too much.
If it is possible, would ya give your opinion, criticism and advice. I really appreciate it. When I have grown other types of (veggie), plants, I have a tendency to over water. Also, in one of IGLM readings about PH, it stated to check the soil by the roots. Would someone please tell me how to do that without hurting the seedling?Next, I have been reading a lot about PH and my house has well and purification system where we have to routinely add salt. If my water’s ph is too high, how do I lower it? I might of missed it in my research, but all I have read is how to test it; not how to fix it. The gentleman I purchase the soil from swears by it and said I wouldn’t have to worry about feeding them for a month.
I am changing out the lamp today with the LED 200x10 full spectrum light. The articles I read said it would be sufficient in 4’ x 4’ tent.