Heating a grow tent

Mine has a setpiont which shuts it on and off .

1 Like

I would run a separate timer for the heater. I use these. This will allow and maintain heat.I donā€™t sweat 80 degrees. I do once it hits 85+.

Timers

They work perfectly. I have my window AC on it so it will kick on and off for the desired time.

So you can run the heater not all night and manage the heat even better. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Ok a sepreate timer is on a different plug in anglog one I have it cycling twooff hours on three with setpoint on heater on. Tent flaps are closed I can see in tent air temp is81 right now. 47%rh so now again the game of waiting

You should be good low 66 High 80 I donā€™t see no problem.

3 Likes

Thanks good cause I am running out of beans to restart a new grow. After the past 4 months fail after fail bad lights,bad bugs ,bad grower mistakes, Momma wants her Purple Diesel I had no clue I married such a weed freak when I married her,but she loves me and has eaten all my edibiles,brownies and smoked our grow with joyful happiness and encourages me to do the best. She loves the Buzz.

1 Like

You should see the heat I have to deal with during the summer and no Central AC. My tent can rise past 100 degrees with ease.

So my lights kick on say 5pm. This means I have my Window AC on like 15 to 30 mins before lights on.

As I need to run the AC for the entire lights on. I set the AC to turn off like 30 mins after lights out.

Now during the morning and late afternoon I will have the Window AC kick on and off just to keep the grow room a little cooler.

It works like a champ for me. It doesnā€™t mean it will work for you. Trial and error till you find what works for you. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Brother all I can say plant the seeds and grow the weed ! Good luck :v::+1:

2 Likes

I plant,pray,wait GOD makes them grow,I am just the garden tender

2 Likes

If you saw what I tried to cool the temperature, you would laugh so dang hard. I tried different Redneck ways. Once I realized you control the temp in the room, it will control it inside the tent. Problem solved.

We canā€™t have basements here due to the shallow water table.

2 Likes

My heater is on an inkbird thermostat. Turns on when temps drop below 70f, turns off at 80f.
My extra exhaust fan is on a humidity controller. Turns on to vent above 80%, turns off at 70%. (Very important at lights out). Humidifier is also on a controller.

Everything is set to turn on and off at the parameters I set, even extra circulation fans in the room.

Controlling your environment is essential.

2 Likes

Hey , @Drinkslinger Good to here from you, Iā€™m using a 220 heater ,They mount flush on the wall between the 2 studs. Sold at home depot. They do a great job.

1 Like

Hel ya doing this today humidity and heat. Will hook the tank heaters to an temp controler. Donā€™t know if it will work but like new ideaā€™s. Maybe even just through in a 5 gallon fish tank.

4 Likes

Pretty sure that was @Myfriendis410 , great and safe idea

1 Like

That was me: an aquarium heater to me is safer than any home heater in a wet grow space. If you donā€™t need the extra humidity just run it with the lid on. I also blow a fan over the outside of the bucket to help transfer heat into the grow space more readily.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been pretty busy in real life, but still growing. :+1:

Iā€™m using a panel heater like this. Low consumption, no worries about knocking it over/fire hazards.
https://www.amazon.com/Amaze-Heater-600-Watt-Electric-Convection-Heater/dp/B084ZZHLKX/ref=asc_df_B084ZZHLKX/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459766547693&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1056073335537234888&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003089&hvtargid=pla-960754284449&psc=1

2 Likes

The best I can Remember you have a basement space. I like the wall mount heaters Hard wired back to box. (Safest)

1 Like

A space heater is safe as long as itā€™s hooked up to a GFCI

1 Like

This sounds like a good option, I was looking online at aquarium heaters, but am not sure what size to get. My grow space is about 2x2x6. Do you have any recommendations about the wattage I should get? Thanks!

Iā€™d go with a 300 watt.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! I am looking forward to trying this out!

1 Like