Healthy vs unhealthy seedling?

Its a bacteria. The bits are just ground up corn cob.
So add like 1/2 teaspoon to a 1/2 gallon of water. Let it set for 30 minutes or so. Longer is fine.
Then simply water. The bacteria is fatal to gnats, and mosquito larva,
will not harm the plants at all. My container is over three years old and still works fine.

It says you can mix in with the soil but I have never tried it. Probably is fine.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

How can I tell my seedlings have gone from seedling to veg? I need to change the distance of my light, but I’m slow and I’m not sure how to tell.

There is not really a definite answer…
Most will count veg starting when it develops its 3rd or 4th set of real leaves.
I start lowering light a little bit at a time after 3 full sets

According to the manufacturer specs on my led light it say to go from 24" for seedlings and to 48" for veg. So if I’ve got 3 sets of leaves should I change the distance of the light?

Seems backwards…
What kind of light is it?

Full spectrum led. 1200w

does it have veg and bloom switches?
Usually its lower for veg

I’ve had the light at 24" since I planted them and all is well. No, just on/off

do you know what brand of light?

Did you perhaps mean 18" and not 48"

I’m not sure the brand, but that is the paperwork that came with it. It came as part of the tent kit I bought.

Maybe go up to 30" and see what happens.
Watch to see how the plant grows. If it stays too squat and bushy it needs to be raised.
If its too stretched out the light needs to be closer.
In reality you have a 300 watt led. Epistar are good leds. It has 6 - 50 watt cobs.
Im sure someone else will have more experience with that light.

Ok thank you, I was just going to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations, but I didnt know how to tell I was vegie. :wink:

1 Like