'Headshops' then and now

Yeah, the semantics were ridiculous. It wasn’t that long ago – maybe a year or two ago? – that a member of the Florida state legislature tried to outlaw all paraphernalia related to smoking the devil’s lettuce. It failed miserably.

2 Likes

Google is great. Lol! There is a vibrating product called The BongO. Lol! It’s not a bong. Lolololol!

Edit: sorry, it’s called, “the screaming bong o”

2 Likes

Oh geez, It’s all down hill from here…:no_mouth:

1 Like

The bongo. Lol!

1 Like

It’s still that way in Florida. :-1:t3: There’s a list of no-no words by the registers. The medical that was approved doesn’t allow for smokin’ weed. You can eat or vape but that’s it. No bud is just stupid!!

3 Likes

Same where I’m from. I loved going to Canada as a teen, 0 censorship on thT stuff. They laughed that it’s legal until you call it a bong. They would literally look at me and say the US is so fucked up.

1 Like

I have friends in ny that have that issue. They can have a medical hash blunt or syringes of hash oil mailed to them but cant have buds. A Hash blunt would fuck up a whole party of people.

2 Likes

I would very much love a medicinal hash blunt. Now, if at all possible.

2 Likes

My GF and I were in Portsmouth New Hampshire several years back, maybe 12. We had nothing to use for a pipe so we walked into a head shop that was all tobacco all the time. I was looking a bowls in the glass disply case when she says to the very hip looking guy “hey, you got anything we can smoke hash out of?” He came around that counter with an angry look and proceeded to throw us out while lecturing that he did not sell naything of the kind. Hahahahahaha we about died, then I looked at her and said, you knew bettter than that? Didn’t you see all of the signs lol

5 Likes

I was in Tampa for the night for an early morning flight to Maine of all things @Screwauger :sunglasses: I brought some hash for the evening mellow, but I forgot the bowl :roll_eyes: I walked to a nearby head shop. There what shit everywhere and they kept askin me what I was lookin for, but I smoked a roach on the walk. Ahhh the pressure! I tried and stopped a few times. Its hard to say and describe without saying any of the no-no’s, ya know? Finally the guy said, “I’m not with the FED’s Bro just spit it out already.” I told him a hash pipe, and he said he’d never smoke actual hash before only dabs. I got what I was looking for, and he offered me a ride back to the hotel, if I waited 45 mins. We both knew why, but I’m always happy to share freely anyway. :v:t3:

4 Likes

That’s the one I’m thinking of. I am still only about 20 minutes from that good ol’ headshop.

1 Like

Used to go to Now and Then in New Hope PA, and they had the same signs saying they were water pipes for tobacco, not bongs. They closed down some years ago. There was a lot going on in that shop