Head scratcher about this soil

So :thinking: I was wondering about amending the soil I’m using to have a plan for flower. I spoke with a rep for Coast of Maine soil and was told to use:

Weeks 1,3, & 5. The problem is the amount of K… is haha. Everything else is cool, nice cal percent, low N, & good P.
So I bought some beast K ferts

I guess the question I kinda have is a two parter, a) when should I start using these, and what amounts for 15gal smart pots? Anyone have experience with these or something similar?

@Budbrother might be able to give better information than I could.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation bud

1 Like
2 Likes

This journal has a lot of info in it. Both of your questions are answered here and a few posts above when I topped my pots for transition into flowering. The chart shown breaks it down by the weeks, showing when the plants have a particular demand.

What you fail to mention is info on your starting soil that you wanna amend with fish bone meal and langbanite.

3 Likes

Sorry yes, the soil is:

I’ll read through and pull info out.
Thanks bud

2 Likes

I have never used it before. I’d be guessing, so I can’t advise you there; but I have read and seen a few grows using it. That’s a great mix and @TDubWilly has recent experience using it.

I keep trying to get @SmoknGranny to use up hers. I know she has researched that soil, and She’s spent some amount of time talking to their reps as well. If patient, She may pop in here and share additional info.

I can say that I do use their 5-2-4 stonington blend plant food on all my plants. It’s also is +4 on Ca.

The rundown on their soil chart above should be followed as best you can, but within reason and budget. I haven’t ever used squid concentrate and don’t wanna. I’m using teas and different amendments to get same nutrients it provides.

If you run into any sign of deficiency then tag me, so we can start diagnosing and resolving.

4 Likes

Ok man, I appreciate you.
The only info I got from an outside source was I should start using the fish bone & the langbeinite in July so it has time to activate in time for flower. I’ve always taken the less is more manta to heart and I guess I just don’t want to nuke my girls if I can help it.
I’ll keep an eye out and see what info I can pull for your post. Thanks again for your time :blush:

2 Likes

This was today on their 3rd day of hardening off

No burns or deficiency and good healthy growth so far. In 3 gal pots soon to be in 15 gal smart pots.

3 Likes

There’s some latitude when using organics. The microbes break them down as the plant demands. You can still upset the balance and lockout other nutes, but you really gotta get wild with it.

Are you growing outside? Otherwise that’s useless info to you.

1 Like

Yes they’re going outside in a few days, probably Monday or Tuesday.

1 Like

The only thing I’m trying to nail down is my ph. I’ve been ph’ing my water to 6.4-6.5 but for some reason it seems to creep up slowly. I make a 7 gal batch of water at a time, use general hydro ph down, my well water is 7.8 and soft at 155ppm. I check my water and it’ll have risen to 6.7-6.8 after three or four days. So I’m trying to figure that out lol
I’m doing a slurry test right now, waiting on the soil to settle

1 Like

This will allow you to pinpoint amount of light for your specific town/county. That will give you an estimate of when you should naturally begin the transition into flowering. You would wanna top your pots with the fish bone and langbanite, 2-3 weeks out from this date; so they have time to begin breaking down for use by plants during transition. Then you’ll need to top again around week 5 flowering to maintain your P-K-Ca-Mg. If you’re growing sativa, then you’ll have to top an additional time to compensate for the additional growing time required.

1 Like

The microbes in the soil control the ph. They will adjust it to suit their needs. I don’t EVER ph. The use of chemical ph up/down is harsh as hell on the microbial and fungal life.

2 Likes

What’s the cut off for daylight before they start flipping? I never actually knew where that line is.

1 Like

Oh shit :frowning: So just giving them my straight high ph water is a better idea Vs ph’ing it?

2 Likes

Actually you should probably watch these videos

1 Like

Ok, I’ll watch them for sure.

1 Like

Earth juice makes natural organic pH up and down that won’t affect the microbes or fungi. The down is citric acid.

3 Likes

Ok man, I’ll pick some up tomorrow at my grow shop. I really appreciate you spending the time and sharing knowledge with me. This is my first year away from clones and promix liquid nutes, so I’m learning a lot.
Thanks again

2 Likes