Having trouble maintaining pH in reservoir

I having a lot of trouble with pH in my reservoir (10 gal). How do I adjust the pH without going too high or too low. my pH was at 8.0 I put 3 drop of ph down and it went to 5.0. I need some help with this

Just a small amount of ph at a time. Mix well, let stand for a few minutes then check.
If you have low ppm in the water this could be the reason why it changes so rapidly.

3 Likes

Are you using a recirculating pump in the reservoir to agitate the solution?

2 Likes

You really want to keep the solution moving so this is a good idea. You can also add an air stone which will help.

As @Covertgrower pointed out; low TDS water (which is what it sounds like) doesn’t take much to adjust.

4 Likes

That’s why I’ve been loving the jacks 321 in my buckets it really keeps the ph well balanced barely have to up or down. Between changes

1 Like

Are you using a recirculating pump in the reservoir to agitate the solution?

YES, I AM USING A RECIRCULATING SYSTEM

I’M USING HYDROGUARD

The ppm are 328. I’m using test strip and the GH ph liquid they give different readings

1 Like

Jacks 321 is the nutrient line it’s the easiest to use I’ve found and balances out the ph perfectly all I add is hydroguard

Any reason you’re running such a low concentration?

Put a few $$ into a PH pen and lose the strips. No way could I accurately differentiate one shade of a color from another. Save yourself a lot of aggravation.

3 Likes

I missed that part.

I know. It’s on my list

1 Like

I just purchased a really inexpensive set of two vivosun pens. I’m going to compare them to my bluelab and apera pens, and I’ll let you know how they stack up.

I had vivosun pen at first got a blue lab and blows it out the water. I was calibrating the vivosun every other day or so and it was always off the blue lab I’ve tested it and it’s been a month so far and haven’t had to recalibrate at all

1 Like

the girls are just starting out. they are only two weeks old

I use a buffer called PerfectPH. I don’t need to lower PH anymore.

what brand are you using? or is it called perfect Ph

I put the hydroguard in after the jacks

Its made by Torus Hydro, called PerfectPH