Having trouble identifying the problem

Hello everyone I am having problems with two of my girls that has slowed down budding.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed:
    ILGM White Widow CBD Autoflower
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
    FoxFarm HappyFrog soil
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
    Fabric Pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
    I’ve tried to maintain the pH between 6.3-6.7 Last runoff was at 6.3
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
    N/A
  • Indoor or Outdoor
    Indoor grow in a 5x5 tent
  • Light system
    **HLG 500 v2 R-spec **
  • Temps; Day, Night
    High 84F Low 67F
  • Humidity; Day, Night
    Between 57-64%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
    I have a few fans going
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
    I have a portable AC in the tent
  • Co2; Yes, NoSeeds:
    N/A
    Nutrients/feeding:
    **I’ve been using FoxFarm nutrients (10mL BigBloom, I stopped giving GrowBig,10mL TigerBloom), 5mL Botanicare CalMag, and 1tsp of Plantation Blackstrap Molasses all mixed in one gallon of water and each plant receives about 2.5 cups after I water them. I’ve been watering about every three days

Any help identifying and how to go about solving this issue is greatly appreciated. I can’t determine if its a phosphorus or magnesium deficiency or something else.

This is important. Have you been following the fox farm flush schedule? You’re giving plenty of phosphorus to have a deficiency, unless salt build up is locking it out.

@Bobbydigital No I haven’t been following the flush schedule. I’ll be watering tomorrow, do you recommend I flush it with at least 1 gallon of runoff since they’re in 5 gallon pots?

As for the ppm last time I checked about a week ago, it was at about 750ppm/ 1.6ec

I missed this part. They should be receiving a whole gallon each at this point. There should be 10-20% runoff after the gallon. They’re only receiving around 1/8th of the nutes they’re looking for if they’re only getting 1/8th of a gallon each. Explains why your ppm measurement was so low. So maybe they are deficient. I’d reach for 1000ppm in your runoff (I feed autos a little lighter than photos).

For flushing, if you don’t have a flushing agent like florakleen or sledgehammer, you’re looking at around 15gallons of water for each 5 gallon pot. With the light feeding they’ve been getting, I don’t think a flush is warranted at this point. PH is still good and Ppms aren’t off the chart.

3 Likes

What he said. Spot on.

@BobbyDigital Ok, so the way I’ve been watering is pH’d water until I see it running out the bottom. Then I feed them the 2.5 cups of nutrients. So you’re saying that at this point I should be feeding each plant a gallon of nutes? I tried looking for detailed information on how to water and feed and couldn’t locate any step by step watering instructions. This is my first grow by the way. I really appreciate your help. Oh, and I’ll test the runoff ppm tomorrow and I’ll keep you posted. The 750ppm is what’s going in.

Yep, you’ll want to mix your nutes in a gallon container, then PH. Also, make sure you shake your nute bottles really well before adding to your water. Start with big bloom, mix into water real well, then add the tiger bloom and mix well. The tiger bloom will drop the ph of your water so make sure to have a source of ph up. I typically add cal mag and molasses on non nutrient days. I would water only next time and pull your ph and ppm from the runoff. Those are the important numbers right now. That’s going to tell you what’s in the soil.

2 Likes

@BobbyDigital Good afternoon, I’m watering at the moment and runoff for my first plant is at 380ppm / 0.7 EC

1 Like

Good catch on the watering practices. Here’s what I do:

Say I’m growing 3 plants in Promix. This requires daily watering or supplements. Each pot requires 1.2 gallons of water to get 10% or so runoff. Using a 5 gallon Homer I put in 4 gallons of my water and mix nutes then PH. Let stand for 15 minutes before final PH check and then feed plants.

I also go by a specific input TDS instead of the package directions. You have to be careful, particularly with FF grow schedules, because they’re referencing PPM using the Imperial scale (700) instead of 500 scale in the U.S. You should be, at peak veg, 750 ppm and 850 to 950 ppm in flower. (Unless plant tells you differently). Cal mag is administered on water-only days.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @BobbyDigital Thanks for the help! Good learning experience…I’ll update in a couple of days.

1 Like

Yeah, that 380 is too low. If you just watered today, I’d go back and add in some nutes. I’d be looking to add another 500ppm to the 380 that’s in there

1 Like

@BobbyDigital @Myfriendis410

My ladies have recovered quite nicely, thanks again for the help :+1:

4 Likes

B-e-a-utiful!

1 Like