Having trouble getting started

@Dmullinax the pH/moisture meter that sticks in the dirt is really only good to tell you moisture and light levels. I have one, It’s useless for pH. It’s critical to have a pH tester that you can get an accurate reading with. Amazon has plenty of vendors that sell a pH tester and a ppm tester together for about $20. You also should get GH pH up and pH down. I learned very quickly that you need to know the pH and ppm. I stunted 3 plants on my first grow by guessing. I didn’t know the GH nutrients changes the pH, so I created issues that messed up 3 plants growth. I have well water that’s 6.7 pH at 50ppm so I figured all was good when mixing the Flora series nutes. Boy was I wrong. They dropped the pH below 6.0 and caused all kinds of problems.

4 Likes

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Bigbud , choco, Amnesia Haze

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
Soil
System type?
Tent

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
?
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.
Eh?

Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor
Light system, size?
Have 2 florescent s

Based on the inside of tent
Temps; 75/80 avg
Humidity; 60/70 avg
Ventilation system;
Just the flaps on the tent for now. Bought fans but think they are way too powerful

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
No

Co2; no

I had a plant light in there. But based i what ive read here i removed it. The soil i used is pictured

![1521398365970684929989|375x500]the soil. (upload://stsRtWK8hle4DU4rLfBIsToRZl3.jpg)the bulb i switched too. 2 of them
the 1 bulb i was using

I think you chose decent soil but you gotta get your ph dealt with and come up with a lighting plan. You have nowhere near enough light to grow a decent crop of good weed. We all wish we could grow under 35 watts of lighting but that simply isn’t the case. My last grow I had 8 of those China lights from Amazon in my grow and got a good yield. This grow I ditched all of those lights and built my own. They draw 1/2 of the energy and put out more light! Seriously; we all want to see you grow the best weed possible. This isn’t anecdotal experience: everyone who has responded has experienced this too haha.

1 Like

i also have this stuff. But know little about how to incorporate it. Ill order another ph tester

1 Like

That’s a good solid line of nutes! I have only used the older 2 part Grow and Bloom along with all of the satellite products you end up with. Some Cal Mag Plus is something else you will need too.

1 Like

That Hyponex probably isn’t bad stuff. The nutrients in it may give you some early trouble, but let’s see how it goes.

Well this is where were at a week later. One of them seems to be stunted. Leaves brighting

. I have ph tester in route and added another light to the tent.

3 Likes

That certainly looks like an improvement to me. Give the straggler time. I think it’ll catch up just fine.

1 Like

Ph tester came . sitting in the 6.5 on one and the other 2 seemed to be about 6. Questioning one of them

mainly this one. This is from the one that has slowed down

Well, you’re going to catch heck for that tester but it’s better than guessing.

Now you know you have a ph issue.

1 Like

Yeah, while I’m glad you know that you have to test your Ph, I’m not gonna lie, that tester you bought isn’t going to do it. It’s just not accurate enough, and you’ll think you’re color blind trying to discern the different colors. You have to get yourself a decent Ph meter. Sorry.

2 Likes

Recommendation s

This will get the job done:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0795YHTCH?tag=greenrel-20

If you want the top of the line, this one is it, but more expensive:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01ENFOHN8?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

Also should i be lighting 24hrs or should i give it breaks ?

You don’t have to light for 24 hours, most people don’t. Personally, i do 18/6 all through veg, but there are those that swear by 24 hour lighting, so it’s up to you. I find that plants do most of their growing in the dark.

3 Likes

Ok so i got a digital meter. 6.6 ,6.8, & 6.7 ph

My slow mover.
I have a small scare…well hopefully a small scare. I seen 1 gnat …? Problem?

1 Like