Having problem with soil, please help

Hi guys, I think I’m using bad soil. I saw a few websites said not to use 〜month feed up potting mix :frowning: that’s what I use…(40%vermiculite and bit of mulch, and the potting mix. And some compost)
They didn’t have any problem at first, but some of them have white dots. Please tell me what to do.
Should I change the soil to a new one ? I’m worryd about maybe I’ll damage the roots.
Anyway, I’ll post some pics.
I live in South Australia.

Strain; Type, Sour D

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Pots

System type? NA

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? I give them PH6-6.5 water

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS NA

Indoor or Outdoor 6am-6pm (outside in the shade)
6pm-12pm (inside with a small LED)
Light system, size? I’ll post a pic

Temps; Day, Night Day 23℃-30℃ night 20-25

Humidity; Day, Night Day, 55%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size. Just a fan when inside

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier NA

Co2; Yes, No. YES

If it has timed release fertilizer then yes, but the ingredients on the front are fairly benign.

White spots is most often a ph issue. If you don’t have a digital ph meter, order one along with standard reference solution.

How about you fill out a support ticket and be as complete as possible. Including watering practices.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

@Jet06 without a support ticket, we would just be speculating. But it looks at little bit like water light burn. Looks like you may have gotten water on your leaves under an HID light
@Myfriendis410 could also be correct about ph

I’m sorry how do I fill the support ticket?
Is in this website?
Sorry my English is not good. Still learning.

@Jet06 scroll up a little bit, @Myfriendis410 posted it for you. Just copy and paste and fill out all the info you know

I think this is the time released nutrients…
What can I do…

Are you growing indoors or outdoors? Looks like if you’re outside, looks like something has been munching on your leaves a little. The plant in the last pic looks really good :+1:

I’ve done it :slight_smile:
Thank you…

6am-6pm outside
6pm-12pm inside with 2 lights
I think it’s not any pests :frowning:

Take a look at the back of the bag and see what it lists. You may be fine.

Even with these in it ?

I would not worry too much about the soil. It won’t be optimal because it’s hard to flush at the end but it should support vegetation fine. My first grow was on MiracleGrow Potting Soil with nutrients embedded and it was fine.
DO NOT try to change the soil. You’ll destroy the roots. If you repot you can add a different soil around the existing soil mass.

I suggest you get a 60X magnifier (Amazon <$10 US) and look carefully at the backs of some leaves to see if anybody is walking around there. Aphids are pretty common. Spinosad spray is harmless and works great but if you do have bugs you need to spray once a week for a while.

Time release nutrients are not recommended for growing mj… Just a thought :+1:

@Jet06, this is what I would do too. It’s not ideal but we’re all learning. My first grow was in MG as well.

I’ve seen those small off white spheres before. Some kind of bug egg maybe. If you squeeze one it will pop.