Haven’t grown in 28 years

Belding area

I really dont have a grow journal yet waiting to start a new batch and make sure i have things down path lol. My autos now are giving me hell. Trics r looking slight milky quite a bit clear still so a couple more weeks and i believe they will be about done. I think im gonna try coco instead of soil also and use jacks 321. A work in progress still. Might do a couple in soil just incase i fail at the coco routine lol

1 Like

First run with autos. Don’t think they are for me. May have screwed up by topping the purple kush. Clipped it because it was so close to the others heights. Then the other decided to grow another three inches. Looking back, maybe should of not topped. Oh well. No hurry. They can veg for another couple of months if need be.
The autos are mainly just to bide my time while waiting on the photos. Hope to see some new shoots on the purple. The autos are very interesting to see grow.
Might trash two of the autos that I have going and maybe restart regular fox farm soil.

1 Like

Leave them grow sometimes the toughest ones to start are the ones with the best ending results.

1 Like

@Mark0427
Right. Indoors is crazy different. Next run in regular soil. Going to start a few more purple kush. The autos we shall see. Easier to let the temps get a little chilly. Seems years ago they liked it. Current temp is 72. In flower I let it dip to 66 to 64. Take advantage of this Michigan weather.

1 Like

Ur next autos start the top 1/3 of soil woth a lighter soil and ffof at the bottom so it grows into a good soil. I just deal with the slight yellowing for the first week if it happens after that they take off good in ffof

My flower room stays about 74 to 82 day and drops slowly sometimes ill wake to 67 mostly 70 or 71

@Mark0427
Lights dimmed down to 60%. The photos can run under 100%. Was torching the autos. Have another light to put them under maybe if needed. The photos are my babies. Autos just sort of playing with as I’ve never grown them before. About another two or three weeks out to get another tent. Unexpected repairs on garage doors before snow gets here. Major suck. Cut into my grow budget by a grand.
But banking on the photos. Going to have to up the light output soon.

1 Like

@Hellraiser

3 Likes

Will the purple kush be caught up in three weeks? Would like to flower both.
Thank you kindly.

1 Like

You can never say each plant does on its own what it wants unless its a super strong genetics

This is one I would put in the ground.

Working on a clone from each one. One was due to a stalk split. Was tucking leaves, knew I should not have pushed it and snap. Decided not to put electrical tape on it and cut it down to about 4 inches. Does have some shoots on it. Will give it a week. If it does not take, plenty of sucker shoots to clone.
If I get lucky enough to get it to go, this is my preferred choice clone to put outside. Inside way different?
I’d say maybe I get them to go 25-30% of the time.
Sucker shoots 80 -90.

1 Like

Moving light power back up to 70%. Height is 22 inches.

No. Need to go past 40% in veg really.

1 Like

@Covertgrower
Dimmed it to 40. Please share your wisdom.
Not the greatest light. Spider farmer 4000.
You could very well be correct. Never used LEDS before. Always HPS or MH. No great answers on what height to run them etc. standard 18 to 30 inches stuff.
Thank you kindly.

1 Like

Looking at your plants, I can see what presents as a magnesium deficiency, the yellowing on the edges. It’s from too much light, led doesn’t really burn the leaves, as much as it makes the plant really hungry.

I know this from personal experience and not being able to keep my hands off the dimmer switch. If you scroll through my journal, there’s a section that I did just that. I extended my veg time until they looked better.

3 Likes

Yep, too much light (specially in veg) using LEDs really pushes your plant to the edge and can’t keep up with the nutritional needs, I never had that problem with MH/HPS but seen it myself when I try to push too much with my LED lights.

3 Likes

Same. I am finding it difficult even to see what people are honestly running some of these lights at.

1 Like