Haven’t grown in 28 years

Would really depend on how you plan on shaping up your canopy. Two of those fixtures should put you in the neighborhood of having proper amount of light for the space. But two square lights in a square space is more difficult to balanced canopy intensity. In a perfect world you would have two long narrow fixtures that size, or maybe something like 4 200 watt square fixtures. Just to help with canopy penetration and not having to run fixtures as high to get desired coverage. If they makes sense.

3 Likes

Plan on topping the plants. Then putting trellis over them. Did I screw up?

1 Like

By topping and running screen? That doesn’t really matter. Just saying 2 square fixtures don’t fit as good in a large square space as 4 square fixtures or two long and narrow fixtures.

3 Likes

Makes sense. Thank you kindly.

2 Likes

Switched to 18 on 6 off. Light is 29 inches above seedlings at 20%. The one on the left is 1 1/4 inches tall. The other two are 2 inches tall. How am I looking so far in your opinion?
Once again I don’t mind negative feed back. Just trying to make sure I’m on track. Thanks so much.

lux was at 982 before my shadow got in the way.

4 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

The last to come up is way behind. Might be loosing that one.

1 Like

@Hellraiser Hellraiser, I appreciate your knowledge. So this tent when I moved the leds and put them where I think they should be it cranked to like 84 degrees Fahrenheit. Turned on the in-line fan. Down to 76-81 degrees. My concern is that it’s at 36-39 humidity. What do I need to do now or in a he future? One vent is by an ac vent in the house. Thinking this may lower the humidity? Or what do I do to raise/lower humidity? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

36-39RH is a fine starting point. You could raise humidity a little by running a humidifier in the room the tent is in. 50-60RH would be good for seedlings and veg and early flowering, then turn off humidifier during last month of flowering to avoid any high humidity issues such as bud rot.

4 Likes

What device would you suggest? I would love your advice on this grow. As stated earlier, using most of your tutorials. They are by far the best for someone like me. Your thread was spot on. Nervous with the leds. Running about 28 inches up at 60% power. Plan to follow your informative thread. transplanting Plants as they out grow bigger and need Bigger pots. Used hps before. First try with led.
Thank you for the advice.
Thanks.

@dbrn32 @Hellraiser
Having a awful time with heat management. Tent shot up to 85.8. Opened up vent and put a small hurricane fan by the ac register to cool it down. Currently at 79.3. Humidity is at 37-40%. I know that it should be higher. About to pull the trigger and get another smaller tent to have one for veg only, or maybe a few autos or clones. Looking to get maybe a 2X3 or 3x3.
Best light for this, also best heat management.
Old house with central air. Will be venting this 5x5 out side window this week if absolutely necessary. Not ideal. Looking to keep it stealthy.
Your option please.
Budget is about $500.
Thanks in advance.

You’re running exhaust fan and leaving an intake port open during normal operation?

$500 veg to support 5x5 flower? I would go with 3x3, something like qb 135 kit or equivalent would do it for light. Should leave you with roughly $200 to get the rest.

2 Likes

@dbrn32
Sorry I’m a rookie. Here is what I have in the tent and what I have open.

3 Likes

Sorry about tons of pics but not sure where to go with it.

3 Likes

Looks pretty good. Which fan is that?

1 Like

@dbrn32
I power 6 inch 350 cfm

Some sun glasses :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Did you try running fan without filter and seeing how it worked? The filter may put too much static load on the fan which will greatly reduce the amount of air it’s capable of moving. Sometimes the filters get plugged up too, or just aren’t very good from the beginning. I’m not sure, never brought that fam or filter. But may be worth checking.

2 Likes

Ton of air movement. Tent sucking in with all ports open. Did open the door to the room a bit. Thinking maybe old house, garbage circulation. Down to 79 degrees. Humility still at 35-41.

1 Like