Have you guys used any if so can you guys suggest ones you have tried

My friend gave me these are any of them useful?

2 Likes

Definitely the calmag. I’m not familiar with the others. I try and keep it simple with base nutrients, silica and a weekly dose of microbes :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I suggest one product line rather than an ad hoc collection of things. You need a product with proper NPK ratios and micronutrients. The Fox Farm Trio and Jack’s 321 are good examples.

4 Likes

Is silicate and Silica the same? And what microbes and where to order

1 Like

If I order the fox farm trio is that all I need?

Silicate is basically any salt of silica. I use TPS silica and TPS Billions for microbes and would highly recommend Jacks 321 over any nutrient line out there :love_you_gesture:. @MidwestGuy correct me if I’m wrong on the silicate question

3 Likes

Can they be my friend? That’s a good inventory to test grows with.
GGTY

2 Likes

Plus cal/mag. Silica and microbes are nice-to-haves, but they are effective.

2 Likes

Silica products are all pretty much the same from what I can tell. I use the Bloom City product, but I’d make an even trade with your on the TPS product.

1 Like

Agree with all basically the same or at least the research I’ve done leads me to believe this. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

So I could use this potassium silicate supplement and it will be good?

1 Like

Yes you can, and yes it will.

1 Like

Is npk all good for veg or really only nitrogen?

NPK = nitrogen (N,) phosphorous (P,) and potassium (K.)

All 3 are important throughout the all grow cycles.

3 Likes

Always need NPK, for all crops. Though the actual numbers will vary and the numbers are important.

Wormcastings are among the best

Could I make my own? With a worm farm I could use those worms for fishing also

I have attended a few presentations at our nearby state university, where they have done side-by-side comparisons using different soil inoculants. Worm castings from a regular worm bin or worm farm, do great, as a soil inoculant.

1 Like