Have never grown even a tomato before HaHa

I like the sound of that. Nothing but water would be easy.

1 Like

Hell yes, it’ll cost me about 70 to 90 to do two 5 gallon smart pots with that kind soil and Coco loco. 5 they are supposed to last 2.5 months veg time and all flower time for providing nutrients to the plant.

1 Like

Don’t use Kind soil but rather I mix my own soil up. Nothing but pH’d water till flowering when I hit it with boosters. It’s a nice way to grow.

2 Likes

I’m going with 5 gallon pots this time. Germinate 2 seeds, and build a custom ScrOG to ScrOG the 2 using two 3x2 ScrOG or a 3x4 ScrOG over the two plants. 5 gallon pits uses 5lbs of kind soil and Coco loco on top. Is supposed to give me up to 2.5 months veg time, and all of flowering for 70 to 90 with shipping included. Definitely worth a try for 2 plants. You start doing 4 and 6. It’s pricier of course, but no nutrient costs.

How do you germinate to your soil then? I used peat pellets on the first grow, but didn’t like them. Was going to plant straight in 5 gallon pots. Before seeing this soil. Not sure if it can be done that way. With this grow medium? Any thoughts?

I germinate in a solo cup with a coir/FFHF mix. The 5 gal pots I prepare has a hole the cup slides into. When they are ready for transplanting, I pop them out of the cup right back into that hole to continue life.

1 Like

I don’t like the Jiffy pots! The rapid rooters, I find great for clones, but I don’t like them for seeds.

1 Like

I wasn’t a fan of the peat pellets. Nothing there for the plant after germination. If I was using soil I have for the next grow. I was going to use them again, but soak them in a seeding nutrition, and not just water. The pellets I’m on about. That way, they start getting nutrients straight away, and not starving until transplanted. With using this live soil, I can’t very well use peat pellets now. I could do the math, and start in soil cup with the mixture ratio changed. But I really wanted to try a straight seed into final pot grow.

1 Like

I did that for years, and I still do on autos and outside grows. I like the Soli Cup for ease of watering, and I like to look at the early root development. The biggest plus, for me, is they fit into my scrog fence holes.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m more a naturalist type than I thought lol. Living soil seems pretty cool to try. That ScrOG you got is cool. The one I’ll build, I’ll install two latches on the end they connect together. If I want to attach them together for extra support.

When you ScrOG, how far from the screen. Do you top your plants. Assuming you do top them.

I top sometimes, but that it depends on the plant and it’s growth. Suoer cropping, I do that from the ground up about every node. My scrog screen is like 11” from the soil.

1 Like

I’ll be topping the two I’ll ScrOG. Not sure how long it’ll need to veg for. I’ll probably top when I see enough branches come off them to make me happy. I’m hoping to ScrOG the 2 and fill pretty completely the 4x3 tent space. I read some simple math to figure where to put your screens. Based on height of your tent. Mine would work out to having the screen about 32 to 36" from the floor. The pots are 10 to 12" tall. Depending on the 5 gallon type I get. The space in between is the grow room under the screen, and then allotted for stretch in flowering.

Well it’s real late lol. Here’s the jars. Minus one I’ve been using out of. Been curing for 15 days now.

5 Likes

Feeling good!

3 Likes

Wtf is that crazy looking pipe supposed to be?

1 Like

I wish I knew, I got it real cheap. After my small pipe dropped and broke. It was that or a mixed breed looking giraffe lol. I didn’t want The Walking Dead giraffe, so it’s this one. It’s a really good pipe though, so I’ll be using it. Until it’s broke, or my wife buys me a new one whenever in the future haha. Has a bowl that is surprisingly good size, and compact enough to store and move around. As for what it is, I’m going to say a rhino, but apparently the company didn’t know how to make one lol.

1 Like

Lol yeah I think whatever it was supposed to be they missed the mark lol

2 Likes

One of my wood projects is done. I transformed an old beat up dresser. Into a coffee bar for my wife. Ive took up woodworking as a side hobby from growing. Thinking I would not grow for a while. It’s going good as well. When I’m not medicated, I’m just a mess mentally and physically. Smoking has given me the ability to do stuff like this for my family. My daughters desk is next up for restoring. It’s not growing, but thought I’d share the final result.

5 Likes

My 2 yr old got mad, and threw my phone on the floor this morning! Despite expensive case, he cracked the screen bad. Sharp bits sticking out of the screen. Terrible twos my ass! Pint sized assholes they are lol. Now, I’m going to be getting a new phone later. Went with the Galaxy Note 9 this time. Wanted to try out a phone like that for a while.

Just wait till the horrible 3’s set in.

1 Like

He will be doing the backpacking 4s if he continues. Out the door haha.

1 Like