Have never grown even a tomato before HaHa

Nice! Here another question for you lol. Then I really am off to bed haha. How many buds to you want to see turn cloudy or cloudy/amber. Depending on taste. To determine your personal harvest date?

That’s hard. Because the biggest ones or main bud depending on plant and training will be further along then the rest. So I’d rather have the big ones spot on and the rest slightly less. But I’ll be harvesting 1 plant earlier and one later. The early one I’m shooting for 10% that will mean the smaller ones are closer to 0%. Then the other plant at around 40 to 50% and again the other ones should be slightly less mature but close enough.

I see that. Those are the ones I try the hardest to keep an eye on, but with my lights. It’s damn near impossible to get a picture of it lol. I’m just relying on instinct now. I’m kinda happy about though. Kinda fits the grow I’m having for my first one haha.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. Some people are able to grow like that and be fine. Some that have been growing forever have no idea what the correct ph, lighting, etc. Are supposed to be. But it’s never stopped them.

Haha when I set out to do this, I never saw myself being any good at it. Definitely didn’t start out that way, but there’s something therapeutic about growing these girls. It gives me something that mental health therapy never could lol. When I get to a legal state, I don’t have to only have 2 hrs or less a night, and be hidden somewhere out of fear. The police are hypocrites. If this state legalised it. They wouldn’t be dicks about it, but if caught growing my medicine now, I’d be treated like a bum father. I can take 15 minutes in the day to just go in and check on them to calm myself if need be. Since I wouldn’t need to have my lights on, only a night, so I can tend to them at night. It’s shit. Now sorry for my ramble lmao. I’m off to bed mate, later.

That’s how I feel. Riding my motorcycle was my peaceful relaxation but its so painful now it’s not been much fun. But growing has given me something to do and to focus my attention on. It motivates me to get up in the morning.

1 Like

Well, today has been a real rough one medically. Started the day off with a migraine, but not enough bud to use. My prescribed migraine medicine knocks me out and makes me feel like I’ve had 10 beers, and I don’t drink at all anymore! Checked on the ladies, and they’re great. Couldn’t do the entire in depth inspection, but spent about 30 minutes. Looking for dead leaves in the branches, temps, etc. The middle and lower buds on the same Branch’s as my big buds. Look snow white now. That looked really cool. A lot of leaf trichs are cloudy now, so another 1.5 wks or so, I should see my bud trichs where I want them. I’m going to spend 40, and get a stove top canabutter maker. It’ll give me more weight out of my grow for medicine. I’m going do a lot of research on using edibles as research though. As I’ve never tried them before. How much do the branch stems thin when drying? Depending on my drying method I settle on. I’ll probably use twine and a slip knot. I use those on everything, so seems fitting. To dry them that way haha.

2 Likes

Went through my photos and saw the side camera shot of the plants. Zoomed in and saw this bud from an angle, I’ve never seen before lol. This one looks great from an angle I never get to see. I hooked my arm around, and just pointed and shot haha. Cropping it the photo unfortunately. It was a bit blurry up close, but that one is getting thick. Hard to mistake the main buds haha.

1 Like

I read someone on this place, or the one other I use a bit. It was about harvesting their cannabis at their peak of their plants THC production. To get the benefits of the plant, for how it was meant to be smoked. I kinda like that haha. You can tell harvest fever is coming lol. No worries though. They won’t be getting harvested. Before they’re absolutely ready. I’m not fucking up my first ever grow like that! Lmao. To do this my first time. Makes me proud,and, and I don’t have a whole lot of that about myself. Glad this day is over! I’m off to bed. Later to everyone. Sorry I didn’t stop by to hi to anyone. Later.

2 Likes

Before I got to bed, I just realised something. @DoobieNoobie question please? My 3x4 tent was bought with the divider in mind. For the purpose of germination. Is a 1x3 space that would have a divider in place work, so I could harvest one plant when ready? That would probably clear up my tent space for the divider wall. Open the flap on that side and leave a sir path at the top of the divder. For air flow to work for humidity and temp, possibly?
Edit: if I wanted to let the other two go longer.

Yeah that would work perfect. And that’s blackthumbbetty that harvests right at the peak of done.

2 Likes

Ok, great. I was thinking about it. Maybe trying that, and get one plant a bit early. Plus try out both effect. I’ll have a good think. Some of the the buds resins has went solid white almost lol. Was cool to see tonight. Next 1.5 to 2.5 weeks will be interesting! Thanks mate. Off to bed. Cheers.

1 Like

@DoobieNoobie @raustin Ok, I could use some drying advice, for when that comes. I’ve settled on what I’m going to do. After the health shit I dealt with over the weekend, I think I need to split my grow up. Harvest when the buds are at the heighest on trichomes on half the plants, if possible. If not, harvest one plant. It’ll let me put my tent divider up to dry one plant, or half another, and use the 3x3 space to continue ripening the other 1.5 or 2 plants. My question is this. Is 1x3 ft big enough to dry 1 or 1.5 plants. Then use the 3x3 space to let the rest of the buds ripen for another week, or however long the trichs would take? To get to 50/50 amber? I’m going to use my twine to hang them upside down in slipknot’s. Fitting since they grew with twine making them go where I wanted haha. I can hang wire across the 3 ft section for lines of drying them. I also have that ScrOG netting, I didn’t use this grow. I can hang it at the top of the tent, and I can use the 3x3" netting to hang them anywhere in that 1x3 space? Sorry for the long post. This past weekend was back on my mental health side, and this grow is my medicine like many of us! I’m doing this right, and not fucking up my grow. That turned out decently well. For a beginner.

Yes, I think you’ve got enough room in the 1x3 to dry a plant, or two, it’ll be tight, but you can do it. I think you’ve got a good harvesting plan.

1 Like

Just make the best use of the space by cutting branches and have lots of places (string) to hang them from. You’ll pull it off. Like a game of cannabis tetris lol.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me lol. What about the ScrOG netting that uses 3x3" holes for having hanging places throughout top, and not clothesline? I will slipknot’s the stems to hang them upside down with my twine, and have the all the 3x3" holes to choose for hanging and tetrising lol. I was going to cut the main branches off, and then also take off any larger shoots from those. I will trim off the big fan leaves, any leaves that don’t need to be there, and I am going to leave the sugar leaves on for drying, and then trim those. Before they go in Mason jars for curing. Sound decent enough?

One other thing, with the divider up, my 400 watt light will be stronger in the 3x3 area. @DoobieNoobie and @raustin Do you think I’ll have to tinker to much with the environment for the rest of the flowering buds to account for that? I’m assuming the remaining flowers will enjoys more lights for that remaining week?

I think your heat will go up some. So keep the air moving. They will get a small boost in light from the edge wall reflecting more but not much.

1 Like

Ok thanks mate, I was wondering about having to keep lights a couple inches higher. I keep my 6" exhaust fan on low to medium tops. Depending on the need. I’ll have to put the exhaust up higher anyhow. Opening up another 8x12" flap w/ the divider will mess with the negative pressure some. It’ll come through the bottom flap, be pulled up through the drying buds, and out the gap, I’ll leave in the divider at the top. Might take me a day to get under control, but I’ll get there. The biggest pain in the ass. Will be moving all the lights and window fan over to the 3x3 area lol.

Exactly :point_up::point_up::point_up: