Have I trimmed properly?

@Covertgrower @SlowOldGuy @MattyBear @monkman hi guys
I done my first trim yesterday can u look at the the pics and see if I trimmed properly? I understand that now I keep them in the jars to cure for a month or so before using them? Also I was told after about a week of curing I add a sachet in to keep moisture in jar but what are these sachets called?

8 Likes

Look great bro ! Well done on your first harvest

2 Likes

I don’t “trim”, I “pick” the leaves off while it’s alive and standing, being vigilant to get all the leafs and their “stems”, that way they don’t poke holes in the papers when rolling one up and it gets rid of more leaf matter. When I really want the undesirable parts gone I make shatter!

3 Likes

I use Boveda 62 to control humidity in the curing jars. They work good for long term storage mine have been in my jars since last October and are still good in my jars. But don’t use to cure use for storage. Cure to where you want them dryness then use them to keep from drying to much. Amazon has them or you might find them at a cigar shop

4 Likes

U can get them packs on amazon for pretty cheap.

2 Likes

They look as trimmed as some of the buds I bought in vegas from a shop.

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

how long have they been in the jars? if it is just a day or two i think you’re supposed to be burping the jars 3 or 4 times a day.

3 Likes

Only been in jars 24 hours, burping is that opening jars to air? If so I have been doing that but was told only once a day for about ten mins, is this the case?

2 Likes

i have not been to that part but have done some reading on it though. if you just put them in the jars for first time then i think it is more like 3 or 4 times a day, but there are lots of different ways to do it. lets have some others who know chime in. @Killadruid @MattyBear @blackthumbbetty @SilentHippie @Skydiver
maybe get you a couple of opinions.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @monkman

My method is dry on a rack for 5 to 10 days.
Once the buds feel dry to the touch but also still spongy, they go in 1 qt. jars. I burp them twice a day for 1 to 2 weeks depending on dryness. If you open your jars and the buds feel moist, let them air out for 15 min.

After a couple weeks I may still burp once a day for another week and eventually 8 gram Boveda 62% packs. Good to go.

7 Likes

Nice work i like the 58% bovedia packs i put those in after a month in the jars usually i have hydro meter in my jars to let me know if they need them sooner and i try to cure for 3 months but do take samples here and there

2 Likes

Your trim job is good. Burping twice a day should be sufficient for now. After week or two you should be able to burp once per day. If you can manage to keep them from getting dry too quickly, drop a small boveda or boost pack in after about 4 weeks.

5 Likes

as you can see there are many ways to do the cure/drying. what you are trying to do is get the moisture out of the middle of the buds and have the buds be the same dryness all the way thru. this is especially important for real big buds (susceptible to rot or mold). if you put plants into glass jar and they are too moist it can take forever and you are taking mold chance. do some reading in the harvest catagory and i think you will find some more ideas and procedures that people are using.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the help guys it’s much appreciated, by the way I’m well into the flowering stage of my second grow and after running it a number of issues with my first this one is looking much better after taking onboard all the great advice that you guys on this forum with the Issues I had on the first grow.
See pic

Thank you all very much

5 Likes

Shatter? What is shatter

@Shatter
Shatter? I’m still a novice but what is shatter?

It is a concentrate s form of it anyways

1 Like

Hash oil extracted crystallized, AKA honey, BHO, Dabs.

3 Likes

I wet trim, then hang the branches to dry for about 5 days. Then, I trim off the buds and put them in a box for another couple of days, rotating buds daily. Next, they go into jars, to be burped twice a day for 2 weeks; after 2 weeks or more, I’ll reduce burping to once a day for a week or two. Once the bud’s been jarred for about a month, I reduce burping to once every other day, then down to only when I need a nug.

4 Likes