Have I messed up? Lights left on

Not sure how bad I messed up, or if my “fix” has only made things worse. I have some white widows in my little tent in the basement and they seem to be doing just fine, almost 4 weeks into flowering. My tent lights are set to come on at 8am and off at 8pm, and the rest of the basement is blacked out from outside light…but…I discovered at 10pm tonight that I had left the basement lights on, and the tent was open…I panicked and my first thought was to switch my timer to a 10am to 10pm schedule and button everything up…so they will still get 12 hours of DARK tonight…I hope my keeping the 12 hours of dark will avoid them flipping out on me, but I’d like to hear what others think…

1 Like

Shoulda just zipped the tent up and turned the light off. They woulda been fine lol

2 Likes

Leave the lights off for 24 hours itll confuse them but itll lower the chance of revegging

One day of interrupted dark won’t send them to reveg. Just turn off the lights and resume as normal.

1 Like

I’ve accidentally left my UV lights going for 2 days during lights out and everything was good.

1 Like

Yeah…live and learn…Like I said, I panicked…lol :crazy_face:

1 Like

The first two weeks of flower are the most vulnerable btw. At week 4 mistakes are much smaller. You have to worry about light leaks and sleep schedule the most during transition/first 2 weeks of flower. Can’t link this source, rules. You’ll be fine. But if not to late keep them at the same sleep time. Bouncing their schedule around would be more stressful than a little room light in week 4. If you watch them, they know it’s sleep time before sleep time. I would consider them maintaining/jumping back on the old sleep schedule to be of utmost importance, would be a bigger mistake to change it than the room light was. No one wants a 1st to 3rd transfer without notice/compensation… plants included.

2 Likes

Also, in week 4 of flower. They would have probably barely even noticed your ~30 lux ambient light. By that point they are usually comfortable on their schedule with your 60,000 or more daytime lux. Generally at 4 week you probably hit or over shot DLI. I bet she slept right through. You can see why changing her schedule would be more stressful than a little light in her eye while she slept? Right? Just don’t want to see you over react and cause a few days-week stunt or more. One of the many mistakes I’ve committed.

2 Likes

I’ve had a few hiccups similar to yours. It is usually when I’m really tired and forget to close the tent door before lights out. It has never caused any problems. It certainly isn’t enough to cause reveg because that takes a few weeks. It can increase the risk of hermie. I’d keep an eye out, but a one-off probably won’t cause problems. These types of hermies usually present as bananas in your flower, and they are easy to spot and pluck off unless there are too many of them.

1 Like

2 hours.

1 Like

Your good, later in flower light leaks will cause foxtailing