Have a light question

are these any good? i am worried about the specifics now that i have good seed. also, i was using a little table fan for air, but it was a different environment

Thanks again I am ordering tomorrow :slight_smile: Have a great night!

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome. Let me know how things go, Iā€™ll be around! Happy growing :seedling:

1 Like

So 6 to 7 ft high by 5 to 6 ft wide? So the bulbs might work but is your hood rated high enough to support the electricity they use. Iā€™m not to great with diy lighting. Thatā€™s a huge space to fill also. You might want to consider getting a real light sorry if this isnā€™t helpful.

One things for sure you need a fan in there and a way to pull the air out (exhaust fan). @Bamagrl

It isā€¦ did you happen to see the bulbs i sent? i really just need you to tell me how much wt my strain needs really
i am getting one for flowering and suchā€¦ im just trying to get things started with what i have. i bought two led grow bulbs from ace, but idk if its enough to get me to the flowering cycle.

Yes I saw the bulbs. You could use those. To add more light you could get a 2 way bulb adapter and a clamp lamp. Slap some more bulbs in there and call it a day.

It says max 180w though you have to pay attention to that. Sorry @dbrn32 is a light guru he can probably help much better than I.

https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-Splitter-Converter-Standard-Adjustable/dp/B01DVUDB4C/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=2+way+bulb+adapter&qid=1593498606&sprefix=2+way+bulb&sr=8-3

3 Likes

Something like this for cheap lighting

2 Likes

150% agreed on purple led lights! I am running blurple led lights in a 3x3 tent it gets hot thatā€™s without a fan. It still kinda hot temperature even with a fan running.

2 Likes

@noctis 420 hello so we chatted last nigh I came across this what do ya think its about 100 (unless I can get cheaper) any thoughts? im trying to figure this out soon cause I would have to travel for it and just so happens I will be in the area where they are selling it 2morrow so if u are on please let me know what u thinkā€¦Thanks for ur help her is the info : Aglex 1200w full spectrum LED grow light

Is it a cob light? Thatā€™s all thatā€™s coming up when I search online. Itā€™s highly rated if it is a cob, might be worth it depending if itā€™s used or not. The hlg light is still better though in my opinion but if you can get it cheaper than 100 might be worth it

Sorry to intrude on this thread but heat stress can cause plants to have yellow tips on fan leaves correct?

1 Like

Heat stress can cause the plant to soak up more water in high heat, which causes plants to soak up more nutrients also which causes nutrient burn. It happened to me not too long ago this is the result. Had to switch to a cooler led and flush and restart a new nutrient schedule.

you might look at buying the light direct from hlg and get a 10% discount using coupon code DUDE

2 Likes

are they using that code now for all the lights?

never mind my light was in the cart and i used your code a save 109$ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

1 Like

@Noctis420 Hello so i ordered that light from growers light a week ago and they have not even sent an email saying it was processed. I have emailed them 2x and even called but no one responds ā€¦they took the cash right away but Im a lil concerned that they havenā€™t answered. have you dealt with them before? and does it always take this long? im just curious usually when u place an order and u email most places respond right away and nothing from them. any info u can give would be helpfulā€¦Thanks

Hello @Getch357 I have ordered several lights from there and it takes a little while to get it butā€¦ My guess is with the july 4th holiday it has probably delayed everything.

1 Like

If it is an HLG light, it will be delayed. HLG was closed until 7/5. I ordered on 7/3 and received on 7/10. If itā€™s not directly from HLG it may take longer.

3 Likes