Hash Making Thread

No questions is dumb!

So with the dry ice method everything turns to a powder and using the micron screen it only allows the trichomes (pollen) to pass through the screen leaving plant matter behind. With dry sifting it is possible that trichomes are left behind when running across a micron screen, depending on how thorough you are can depend if there is any use left in the buds.

Well knowing the trichomes are where the magic is, and by removing them from the bud, it seemed silly to ask but perhaps there was something I overlooked. So if you are thorough enough thereā€™s not much reason to save the planet leftovers?

Nope there isnt! Unless you like having them around for the smell!

I decarb my leftover and make oil and butter

Now what is the best way to store the finished hash and how long will it keep?

The biggest killer of hash is mold from excess moisture in the product. If Iā€™m going to keep some for an extended period of time I keep mine in a freezer until I want to smoke it, otherwise I keep it in a dark area thatā€™s low in humidity. Iā€™ve kept some for good amounts of time and even forgotten about some for a few months and still enjoyed it afterwards.

Also, thank you Hogmaster for replying, I didnā€™t know it would still be potent enough to do that, but now Iā€™ve learned!

Thank you for the insight. Iā€™m kinda new to this forum.

Itā€™s kinda funny Iā€™m even here because I havenā€™t even seen a bud in person for probably 15 years. In my teens and early 20s I gave Cheech and Chong a run for there money but life, job and family took over. Now at 37 I sure do miss it. Iā€™ve always wanted to grow my own but never had the space for it. Really thinking of trying as a hobby but canā€™t enjoy the fruits (flowers) of the labor due to strict policies at work

No worries!
Everyone is always welcome here and the community is extremely knowledgable as well as helpful!

Welcome to IGLM!!

Im sorry my friend but i was robbed for over 1,400 bucks but we still can do that if you want. Ok

going to do a ā€œpress todayā€ (hot water bottlemethod) used the 160 micron - hope it works. Been looking at pressing jacks : Jacks Puck.com =$300.00 Jonnyā€™s green extractors.ca too expensive. one can buy the molds (2by2) box ,old itā€™s simulair to the T- Press ($13.00) but better *$150.00

Iā€™m also very interested in bubble hash. I have bags coming, not here yet. If I could see this as a step by step process, Iā€™d be up town! I know that everyone comes up with their own little twists, that make it work best for them. Iā€™d like to know some of these techniques, if no one minds.

It shouldnā€™t be too hard to talk a bottle jack into being a hydraulic press. Itā€™s done all the time.

I was thinking something like add the recovered trikes to something killer, like Cookies and Chem. Under a ā€˜scope, itā€™s white, you canā€™t see through the trikes. We;ll, Iā€™ve been smokinā€™ for quite a while, now, and that stuff is the best Iā€™ve had. Kinda like Columbian Gold.
Alternative Medicine Associates is the grower.

check iout Frenchy (hash Man).com there you will fond aal the information you need , excellant videoā€™s

I just tried this same method and after 1 hour my keif dried out and is mostly just crumbling apart. Maybe heat to high? Used boiling water but let it cool for around 10 minutes. Or pressing to hard? Any ideas? Any chance to bring it back from dry crumbles? Thanks mucho!! Would adding a small bit of cannabutter help? Or am I stuck using it for decarbed keif now? I know I can use it for edibles butter oil etcā€¦but I wanted some hash lol. :+1::v::upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You have to press it while warm. This is different from my method, which is an old way of doing it. I use a cellofane to make a square of keef. Wrap that in news paper, which I keep the paper wet the entire time but just in a hot dry pan. The wet paper will keep your cello from melting into the product, so itā€™s most important the paper remains wet. Press it in the pan while heating personally. Mason jar, cigarette cello, newspaper, water, keif and now just the stove top. Since induction. Pan with other options of course. If youā€™re worried about the strength of your stove though Iā€™d just press on the counter. I have a pollen press that came with my bubble screens but never used it.

1 Like