Has someone used this soy milk extraction machine to make butter

I bought this soy milk extraction machine because someone recommended it to do the same job as the MBM2. The instructions are horrible and no one on the lab side uses it for butter infusion. @Budbrother if you’re still around, I understand you may have this one.

If anyone knows what settings I need for butter infusing, please let me know. I don’t get over to the free forum very often. I joined the lab to learn all things edibles, but they use the Magic Butter machine. I can’t find a YouTube video with anyone making butter with it.

3 Likes

I really hope someone on here can help you out. I too have the MB2E and it makes things really easy :wink:

3 Likes

Me too. I told Cheryl on the other side I’ll figure it out myself with a temp probe and timer and I’ll post a tutorial on both sides on how to do it. I appreciate Melissa @Missiles for steering me over here. Maybe I can get at least steered in the right direction by someone at least. The Midea video on YouTube ain’t gonna do me any good.

Pepe

3 Likes

Can the MB2E do other edibles?

1 Like

It does Butter, any kind of oil, tincture (you still have to finish burning off the alcohol by hand). Plus there are thousands of recipes on their website with reviews. Makes things super easy. I recommend it. If @OldSkunk can figure out what settings will do what on the almond milk machine, I’m sure it would perform similarly :v::bear:

2 Likes

I’m going to figure that sucker out. I’m too deep into extractions for edibles now. I’ve got a heated magnetic stirring sleeve for oils and tinctures, but I’m still slow cooking butter at 160 for 8 hours in a crockpot. Having to go in there and stir every 20 minutes sucks.

Pepe

1 Like

Does it have a model number on it?

1 Like

Hey @Budbrother is this the one you were showing me that time you thought about buying? it look like it, sorry if I confused it with a different one :wink:

1 Like

I think to make tofu, the temp needs to reach something like 165F, if that helps you gauge the temp for that particular setting?

2 Likes

Ewwwwww @blackthumbbetty yuck! Tofu! Infusing Almond milk sounds good though. I will need to get one of those some day. I actually think my next purchases are going to be a toaster oven and hotplate magnetic stirring appliance.

I made my first vape juice this weekend. I kind of cheated. I bought “Wax Liquidizer” and 0.5 grams of shatter or BHO or whatever name people give it. It was rosin pressed from buds. The 0.5 grams needed 1ml of vape juice to mix it in. I used “Pineapple Express”. Hmmmm yummy.

1 Like

The manual sucks. It’s about as clear as mud

Pepe

2 Likes

I tried finding a temperature chart for the model, but found zip. Sorry!

All I could find is the temp needed to make tofu, which I only googled b/c your machine has a tofu setting. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks for looking. I’m probably going to have to buy a MBM2.

Pepe

1 Like

Huh huh…nut milk.

1 Like

@OldSkunk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Gently press tofu pieces to release as much water as possible. Whisk soy sauce, agave nectar
sesame oil, garlic, and ginger together in a bowl until marinade is evenly combined. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.

MAYBE THIS IS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR

@OldSkunk

What is Tofu?

Made from soybeans, tofu is an inexpensive and nourishing, protein-rich food. Low in fat, tofu is versatile and also offers numerous health advantages – from being rich in phytonutrients to being a great food alternative to those with milk allergies.

Why Make Tofu at Home?

With only a few ingredients, making tofu at home is easy. Below, we highlight the ingredients that you’ll need for homemade tofu, as well as directions for making tofu, and some additional, helpful tips to keep in mind.

Tips for Making Tofu
The amount of coagulant used will influence the texture of the final product: For instance, more coagulant will produce firmer tofu, while less coagulant will produce softer tofu.
If you plan to consume the tofu within 24 hours of it being made, there is no need to store it in water.
To give the tofu a more fibrous texture, cover the tofu in water in a sealable container and place in the freezer. Thaw when ready to use.

Ingredients:
2 quarts soy milk
Coagulant (choose one of the following)
2 tsp. Terra Alba aka Gypsum (Calcium Sulphate) OR
1 tsp. Nigari Flakes (Magnesium Chloride) OR
1/2 tsp. Liquid Nigari (Magnesium Chloride)

Instructions:
1.Boil the soy milk for 5 minutes and then let it cool to 160-175°F (70-80°C) degrees.
2.If you are making soy milk using a soy milk maker, there is no need to boil the milk again.
3.Dissolve the coagulant of your choice in a cup of warm water–do not let it set too long!
4.Mix the water and coagulant mixture into the hot soy milk. Gently stir the milk but do not over mix. Allow the mixture to sit undisturbed for 15-25 minutes.
5.While the mixture sits, small white curds will separate from amber colored liquid.
6.Once the process is complete, transfer the curds into a molding container lined with cheesecloth or a similar fabric. Fold the fabric over the curds and place a small weight on top to begin pressing out the liquid. Allow the mixture to be pressed by the weight for 20-30 minutes or until it holds together. Remove the block of tofu from the mold.
7.If you don’t plan to consume the tofu the same day that you make it, store it in a container filled with cold water in the refrigerator. Change this soaking water daily until you consume your tofu.

1 Like

I just don’t know about eating tofu. I didn’t like it the first time and still don’t. My wife would probably have fun making that. Maybe I will share it with her. Thanks @garrigan62

ya lmas it don’t sound so tasty does it ?

1 Like

@OldSkunk I have that one and only used it once . I think I used the Oatmeal setting but ran it through that cycle twice . Absolutely no instruction on times or temperature for settings . It does work . The butter it made was good in brownies . I was thinking of running some test with just water in the machine to get run times and water temperature for each setting but have been just to busy lately . I think it only ran for 2 hours on oatmeal so I restarted it and ran it again . I’m sorry this isn’t much help and I probably won’t be testing it anytime soon but if I do I will post setting results here on the forum .

2 Likes

No tofu for me. I’m trying to figure out the settings on the machine so that I know what each temp/cycle time is per setting